Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I bet they`ll eat from a plate.
You may jest but this is what we've found with Billy.
He won't eat from a bowl of any sorts so he's got his own plate that I got from a charity shop (so the mother in law doesn't think it's one of ours and put our food on it). Odd little creatures aren't they!!

Em
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2012, 01:06 PM
When our family dog was having pups, she went off her food (as did I when I was preg) so maybe with Daphs, you could try lots of smaller meals.

With Asbo tho, I am afraid I would take the no nonsense approach...You get what you are given, in your bowl, you have 20 mins...you dont eat then tough.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Rupert was put off metal bowls when he kept getting shocked by his.
Sorry but that made me laugh, poor boy
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Do they wear metal dog tags?

Surprising how many don't like stainless steel bowls that do and it's usually because their tags keep hitting the metal dish and they don't like the noise
They don't wear their collars in the house so it can't be that...
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
When our family dog was having pups, she went off her food (as did I when I was preg) so maybe with Daphs, you could try lots of smaller meals.

With Asbo tho, I am afraid I would take the no nonsense approach...You get what you are given, in your bowl, you have 20 mins...you dont eat then tough.
That's what. Going to do with him I think. Nana thinks I'm cruel though daph can get away with it for now but after she's done feeding pups I will go back to that rule with her.
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-01-2012, 05:23 PM
My two have ceramic bowls and they eat what they get (it's Sika who is a madam with not eating) or they wait until their next meal.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2012, 05:33 PM
My two sit patiently whilst I prepare their meals ( 2 a day), the bowl goes down... Gone in about a minute/2 minutes. Any visiting dogs end up the same way. Bowl down. If they wander away and lie down, bowl up. It doesn't go back down again. They wolf their food down and enjoy it. I don't let me son wander away from the meal table....
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
My two sit patiently whilst I prepare their meals ( 2 a day), the bowl goes down... Gone in about a minute/2 minutes. Any visiting dogs end up the same way. Bowl down. If they wander away and lie down, bowl up. It doesn't go back down again. They wolf their food down and enjoy it. I don't let me son wander away from the meal table....
flatcoat's meals are always gone in seconds i hear alot of people say toy dogs are fussy, and when we had little ones in the kennels they could be right pains. i always said mine werent going to be like that, and i do do the half hour rule.. but unfortunately at the minute i cant do this with daphni so she gets away with it
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2012, 06:37 PM
I don't ever do
Half an hour!!!! If they wander away from their bowl i pick it up and offer it back, if they turn their
noses up it gets binned and they are offered a meal at the
next mealtime. I haven't always had FCRs and I have done it for years
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-01-2012, 06:43 PM
All of mine have healthy appetites and anything not eaten would soon be scoffed by one of the others so that tends to focus the mind, but Tucson will not eat out of a bowl of any description so I just dish hers up into a bowl so I can check how much she's having and then drop it onto the floor a piece at a time and she soon gobbles it up.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >