View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2012, 02:28 PM
You could maybe contact a local paper and ask them to put leaflets in? Or pop leaflets through doors in the local area (if thats legal lol) As much local stuff as possible. Word of mouth is definitely great, and doggy people tend to know doggy people lol. Whereabouts in the UK are you?
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Oh I checked and the normal day rate at mine is £15...dicounted if you do more than one day. There are qualifications with first aid (thats important) and a Diploma Level 3 in animal management.
Skye_GSD
New Member!
Female 

20-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Thanks everyone!

I've saved that webcam streaming link for future reference, ta!

Well its good to hear of someone who was full almost straight away and also had the luxury of also having a back-up plan with the waiting list too. Fingers crossed its the same in County Durham where I am.

Did he have a maximum number of say 12 dogs (or a few extra for those from the same families that could share a kennel during rest times?) This set up is a bit different to the one I'm planning in that I won't have any kennels at all - it'll be divided to some extent for the puppy area (and also possibly an area for intact bitches as mentioned earlier), an area for oldies or just ones that need to chill out or settle down or suchlikes but won't have seperate kennels themselves. So in that sense I won't be as restricted on the numbers I could take.
ozbound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-01-2012, 07:15 PM
My local one is 8 till 8 and £20 a day.
Skye_GSD
New Member!
Female 

21-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks Ozbound. Those are reasonable hours for that sort of money
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2012, 09:02 PM
i run a daycare centre..been open 14 months now, built up the business from one dog, and now have about fifty on my records

Im the only daycare in the area that will take un-neutered dogs and bitches (obv bitches in season are not allowed) i dont find any problem with taking un-neutered dogs, generally i have found the worst dogs for humping are the neutered ones

I have only had to ban 3 dogs during this time for anti-social behaviour, resource guarding and 'bullying' although these three dogs did pass inital assesment.

most of my clients have come through recommendation. and we are based at a dog training centre so that has also made people aware of us! Im also a dog groomer too so can offer these services on site too, and we have a stocked shop selling a variety of holstic type foods, treats,leads and toys ect

the best part of my job is that i can have my own dogs with me all day, althouigh some times its quantity time with my own rather than quality

we have a range of play equipment and toys, brain games, the only downside at the location im at is we dont have secure access outside so any trips outside are on the lead.

i have a social network page set up for my business if you would like to PM me for it

it was hard building up but thankfully my other half was in full time employment so could support my dream!!We are fully insured, and i have an ND in animal care, plus done a dog first aid course,trained microchipper,groomer and 8 years experience from working full time in boarding,rescue,show kennels

any questions please ask
Suzanne2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2012, 09:13 PM
The webcam idea is brilliant, and would really sell a daycare place to me. I know £25 was steep, but it was London, so that's always more, and the alternative was a new front door every day!
To answer your question, just 2 days a week, and from 8 until 4. They would also let the dog stay overnight for no extra charge, which we never used because we always take her with us when we go out, but I imagine that would be very attractive to younger people.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 09:19 PM
I've never used a doggy creche but my local one charges £16 for a full day (8am - 6pm) if you pay as you go. They charge a £5 late fee for every 15 minutes after 6pm. If you pay weekly you get a £10 discount, if you pay per 4 weeks at a time it is £12 a day instead of £16.

They have a canine behaviourist, all classes are supervised by a dog trainer, all staff are trained in canine first aid and between levels 1 & 3 in pet care and handling.

The dogs are exercised using treadmills.
pingu007
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2012, 09:21 PM
forgot to add we now charge £12.50 (during our first year we charged £10.00) we are open 8am until 6pm

we take photos and videos of the dogs which we put on disk for the owners to view

on special occasions such as birthdays we hold parties and give out goody bags and tuna cake
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Toby used to go to one. It was cheaper to 'bulk-buy' so I used to pay £300 for a block of 25 days which I just used when I needed them. He would go between 1-3 days a week depending on my schedule. I dropped him off about half 8 and would pick him up about half four but he could have stayed longer if I'd needed him to.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >