View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2012, 09:22 AM
lol, the cats tiptoe round the ornaments the danger is Ranger and his tail!! I swear it should be registered as a lethal weapon.

Teddie? where to start!

I was looking for a kitten and an aquaintance of mine (and most def not even that anymore) used to breed exotics and persians, kept asking if I wanted one, but I couldn't afford one. She then said she had some left of a litter that I could have for nothing as buyers had let her down, but she only had a girl and I wanted a boy. So she 'arranged' with a fellow breeder to swap for one of her boys, and so I got Teddy! Got him home and it was the most sickly wee thing I had ever seen, he was skinny, had the runs, fleas, scabby patches and tbh, by the time we got him to the vet on the monday morning I didn't think he would be alive So off to the vets we went to be told he had ringworm, worms, and a host of other ailments, cue a £150 vet bill! And that was just the start. From then on he had chronic diarhea for the first year, lived in the kitchen (only place with wipeable floors ), I lost track of how many speciality foods we tried, and at considerable cost. Had different antibiotics, tests done, nothing could be pinpointed as to the reason. So after the 4th vet visit he wanted to put Teddy to sleep, said it wasn't fair on an animal to suffer as Teddy was! I was furious and changed vets. Yes Teddy had the runs constantly, but played and had quality of life. Then we were asked 'were you told this was a boy?' well yes! Actually, I THINK it's a girl :/ (a vet inspires confidence when it can't tell the sex of an animal eh, we hadn't actually looked, taken it as read). So Teddy became Teddie. In the end in her first year she cost us probably around the £700 mark (and is of course uninsurable), we nearly lost her about 4 times due to her constant runs BUT when she hit a year old it just stopped!! I don't know exactly what helped, we were trying all sorts of remedies lol. Powders we had been sent from America, tablets from the internet, all sorts. And now she is fine and dandy She eats what she likes, has no health problems. Granted sh is a lot smaller than an exotic should be, but that's just Teddie. She is spoilt and pampered and my Princess
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
Nope, Broxi is a good old fashioned moggie lol. We think his dad may have been a MC due to his tail and general size, but his mum was a short haired grey and white!! genetics are a strange thing
My apologies to Broxi for calling him a girl
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
My apologies to Broxi for calling him a girl
not to worry, it isn't the first time
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2