View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 04:18 PM
I bumped into Amanda at a semi-local dogshow, but we'd met before so don't know if that counts!
I bumped into a member from a rabbit forum when I was sat in the waiting room at my vets. I had a bunny with me I think, and she came in with a gerbil and sat near me and we got chatting - recognised the name of her rabbits but I felt a bit odd asking if she was so-and-so from the rabbit forum so I wimped out and PMed her when I got home
Bumped into someone from the same forum when I was in my local petshop. I'd just got Kiki and posted a thread on the forum, gone into town with her, and bumped into an old school friend who'd seen Kiki's freead and been tempted to get her - odd because Kiki came from 2 hours away, so not local, and I hadn't seen this schoolfriend for years either. Then 5 minutes later someone else asks me if that's Kiki, so I asked if they'd seen her ad too - nope they'd seen my thread! Spooky as I didn't even realise they lived that nearby.
I've bumped into other forum members at specific events, but that's expected rather than unusual.
I don't think there's any safety issues if you use common sense, if you bump into them in town then why's it any different to bumping into a stranger? You're not handing them your address or bank details, and if you're in a public place then chances are nothing bad is likely to happen anyway.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 04:23 PM
When I was on a cruise a year ago I arranged to meet someone from a cruise forum.

Biggest mistake I have ever made!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
You should be OK saying hello - just don`t try to stroke Daisy.
awww but Daisy looked so well behaved, Prince was winning and I think Daisy was giving him strange looks, dont think I saw the GSP last time :>
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
When I was on a cruise a year ago I arranged to meet someone from a cruise forum.

Biggest mistake I have ever made!
Wow how come?
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
I saw Westie N and Tillytheterrier at Discover Dogs but I was too much of a wimp to say hi
Awww no! You should have said hello. Would have been lovely to meet. Same time next year?
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Wow how come?
Cos then you're stuck on a ship in the middle of the ocean with them and can't run away if you don't like them?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Wow how come?
Because she she has airs and graces that I didn't appreciate lol

Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Cos then you're stuck on a ship in the middle of the ocean with them and can't run away if you don't like them?
True, although it was a big enough ship that I could escape fairly well.

Wasn't you was it Dobe?
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 06:10 PM
If any one sees me out, I would love to say "Hi" but as I live in a little village in the middle of the fens where Wells Fargo drives through once a month, dont think any likely hood of seeing any one...but please say "Hi".....I would if I saw any of you too...xx
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I wouldnt know

I know Toby.Mai... I introduced her to here and we meet as often as poss.

Im good friends with Bitkin and cant wait to see her again when the weather brightens up again! She is so lovely and Jimmi is just scrummy!

I want to meet a few other people, and will plan on meeting them by train when I am earning again. Jin and I love going on the train and a good day out ! ^.^
ozbound
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-12-2011, 06:23 PM
I would but I don't know anyone personally yet
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >