View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sparx
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-12-2011, 10:32 AM
You have made me worry now I do hope your wrong too but I do appreciate the replies I have brought his appointment forward to today I've got to take him at 3oclock so I will let you know what they say
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
You have made me worry now I do hope your wrong too but I do appreciate the replies I have brought his appointment forward to today I've got to take him at 3oclock so I will let you know what they say
Try not to worry. That lump could be a hotspot. Coles had one similar and that leaked pus and blood. Hotspots are not tumours. They are spots filled with infection.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Sorry if I have made you worry unnecessarily: as it has been mentioned it could be a hot spot that has become raised and infected.
It's good you are getting an early appointment as it does look unpleasant.
Betsybullie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Can i just add, that if you do have skin scrapes done, it might nessesary pick up demodectic mange.
One of my bullies had bad skin for about a year, her chest and neck were really sore, and she lost so much hair.
I asked the vets to do a skin scrape, which they did and they came back clear.
It wasn't until she had a benign tumour removed, which was tested. They could see the mites deeper in her skin.
Sparx
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-12-2011, 04:11 PM
well digga has been back to the vets he seen a different vet from the last time we went he gave me some nolvasan for his smell/infection and he said the same thing as the last vet said about his spot on his face that its normal for puppies to get them and it should clear up on its own but if it hasnt gone in a month ive got to take him back ... ive got to ring the vet back though because he didnt really explain what i have got to do with the nolvasan wether ive got to apply it all over or just to the affected areas if i should leave it to soak in/dry or if i gotta wash it off bit of crap vets really
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 04:20 PM
well digga has been back to the vets he seen a different vet from the last time we went he gave me some nolvasan for his smell/infection and he said the same thing as the last vet said about his spot on his face that its normal for puppies to get them and it should clear up on its own but if it hasnt gone in a month ive got to take him back ... ive got to ring the vet back though because he didnt really explain what i have got to do with the nolvasan wether ive got to apply it all over or just to the affected areas if i should leave it to soak in/dry or if i gotta wash it off bit of crap vets really
I'd go to a different vet if I were you. Yes, if it is a hotspot it will go eventually but I wouldnt be happy with being told its normal for puppies to get boil like spots like that.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2011, 04:48 PM
It's normal Don't know what to say then, except puppies that I have had mustn't have been normal cause they never had anything like that.
Hope you manage to get digga's problem sorted.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2