View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2011, 08:34 PM
It is rare for anyone to be allergic to stainless steel, I am allergic to everything bar gold, titanium and platinum (what a tragedy) and when I smashed my leg to bits I had to wear something made out of SS for 24 hours to ensure the plate would not trigger an allergic reaction when it was screwed to my bones.

When I had it out 18 months later, someone made it into a wall hanging for me!

Cans are not made from stainless steel and some of the metal compounds can leach into food.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2011, 10:50 PM
I phoned my vet today and told him... He LAUGHED at me! And then told me he never thought of it either lol.

My vet and I are pretty sure stainless (at least the stainless in dog dishes) bothers her, as she lost a bunch of fur on her chin (likely from eating out of the stainless dished at my Mom's) But we're not sure. If we do decide to spay her, then he'll give me something to test her with before he does the surgery, but he's of the same mind as me when it comes to spaying Mouse... "if it's not broke, dont fix it!" Which made me howl when he said that!

Maybe I should get a gold clip for a leash for Mouse LOL Then she'd truly be a handbag dog! LOL Beverly Hills, here we come!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2