Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
You wouldn't win in my breed its evident they're spayed by the coat it changes colour and goes wooly
Really?

Have you got a photo of a spayed and unspayed bitch together? I just cant imagine it!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Yes before I showed my current dog I used to have to give her a good going over with a Mars Coat King to take out all the woolly bits, a shampoo with conditioner etc
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
Really?

Have you got a photo of a spayed and unspayed bitch together? I just cant imagine it!
Next time I groom my friends I'll take a photo all mine are entire. They go a horrible orangy colour.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Maybe its time breed standards were changed by kc and those in power,a bitch if spayed cannot contract pyometra and its said to prevent males from contracting certain cancers.its about time honest pet owners who do the responsible thing of removing there dogs sexual organs if no plans to breed are not penalized.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
Maybe its time breed standards were changed by kc and those in power,a bitch if spayed cannot contract pyometra and its said to prevent males from contracting certain cancers.its about time honest pet owners who do the responsible thing of removing there dogs sexual organs if no plans to breed are not penalized.
Why would a breed standard need to be changed? The whole point of breed showing is just that, it is about breeding, a showcase for phenotypes and hopefully genotypes in order to select the best stock for breeding.

And I do not understand the statement "honest pet owners"? What has honesty got to do with neutering a dog?

If you want a "pet" dog only, then why would you show? If you want to show, then you apprise yourself of the rules, as in any discipline and, as previously said, you can choose whether or not to take your dog into the show ring.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit
so only those who remove their dogs bits are "honest pet owners"
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
so only those who remove their dogs bits are "honest pet owners"

yeah arrest me now!
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2011, 12:24 PM
I dont mean that your not honest,what I mean re:breed standards is it should no longer be best of breeding stock thats old ideas so the statement re:testicles should be updated so a pet owner that chooses to show is not penalised in favour of breeders stock even if the petowner has the better dog.what I am saying is in my personal opinion is if your dog is spayed/nuetered because you dont want to add to the amount of dogs in shelters you should not be penalized if you the opportunity of top honours at an open/champ show,we live in a free speech country and if I have a pedigree dog that I choose to nueteur I havent at the mo she died last year I shouldnt have to put up and shout up and expect my dog to be placed lower because I chose to have sexual organs removed.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by SmokeyRabbit View Post
I dont mean that your not honest,what I mean re:breed standards is it should no longer be best of breeding stock thats old ideas so the statement re:testicles should be updated so a pet owner that chooses to show is not penalised in favour of breeders stock even if the petowner has the better dog.what I am saying is in my personal opinion is if your dog is spayed/nuetered because you dont want to add to the amount of dogs in shelters you should not be penalized if you the opportunity of top honours at an open/champ show,we live in a free speech country and if I have a pedigree dog that I choose to nueteur I havent at the mo she died last year I shouldnt have to put up and shout up and expect my dog to be placed lower because I chose to have sexual organs removed.
I have managed to prevent my entire male from adding to the amount of dogs in shelters over the past 7 years, so I consider myself a responsible owner of an unneutered dog.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Well done to you then. I lost my pedigree dog to pyometra last year and I can safely say hand on heart I dont wish to go though it again so any bitch I own whether pedigree or crossbreed will be spayed as soon as I can .
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >