Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
You forgot 'not having to tell muppets a hundred times about trip hazards and safety issues'

Still, you have a remarkable approach to people and in a place like yours there must some people you'd rather not have around, or have you reached the level where you can move them around (and preferably as far away from you as possible)
Oh definitely have people that I dont want around... Afformentioned Muppet included! Unfortunately, working nights, we dont have alot of options as to where people work, and what I can do with them... But we have our ways...

I dont have the ability to really move people, only the HR dept. can do that, however I can send people to help other areas, and deny people overtime due to being too dumb/lazy to help in an area with OT needed.

And my foremen back me up whenever I need it...
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 06:22 PM
All jobs i've had in the past i've ended up dreading and it tends to get so bad I have to leave and find another job. But all the jobs i've had in the past have been full of pressure (with regards to time, workload etc) and I dont cope well with pressure.

The job i'm in now there is no pressure. I've been there 3 years and never dread going to work.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2011, 07:45 PM
About 10 minutes after getting the job
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
About 10 minutes after getting the job

Welcome to my world! Having said that - I kept my first job for 6 years and the next one for longer than that! Things changed when I had kids. The jobs then had to fit in with the children - that's when I started taking jobs to fit in instead of jobs I was qualified for or suited to.

But I then joined the gang of contractors who say they work for money - not for anything else. If the money is better next door we will go work next door! And the money is a means to an end.

In my case it was to give my kids a better standard of living so, if the job ever encroached on my time with my kids - the job went.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Welcome to my world! Having said that - I kept my first job for 6 years and the next one for longer than that! Things changed when I had kids. The jobs then had to fit in with the children - that's when I started taking jobs to fit in instead of jobs I was qualified for or suited to.

But I then joined the gang of contractors who say they work for money - not for anything else. If the money is better next door we will go work next door! And the money is a means to an end.

In my case it was to give my kids a better standard of living so, if the job ever encroached on my time with my kids - the job went.
Im alrite when Im there, dont really wanna be there but its bearable. I dont like having to be places at certain times, I like to turn up when I please. Unfortunately the world doesnt work like that.......damn you world
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Didn't work like that for me at first Geek but does now. And it's a blerdy good job it does - me still working 3 yrs after reaching retirement age and about 4 yrs after I PLANNED to retire lol!
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Didn't work like that for me at first Geek but does now. And it's a blerdy good job it does - me still working 3 yrs after reaching retirement age and about 4 yrs after I PLANNED to retire lol!
You must be mad! I'd retire now if I could

At 27 though I dont think I've got much chance......fingers crossed for the lotto tonight!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:44 PM
It's OK geek - I've come up with a much more REALISTIC plan - I now plan to retire when I am DEAD lol!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Sooner than you'd think, unfortunately! I started my job 5 weeks ago and just this past week I've started dreading it! Which is a shame because the job is what I thought I wanted to do and I started off really enjoying it.

I think more often than not it is the other people around you who make you dread your job. I'm working as a graphic designer and while the work is okay, I'm underpaid for what I do (£4/h) and the people I work with make my job vastly more difficult than it should be.

At the end of the day though, any job is good in this economy so try to hold onto the enjoyment for as long as you can and if it goes after a while, just stick the job out as long as you can until you find something better
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Gosh I did not realise you were younger than 18!

Your profile says you are 18 so surely you should be paid the NMW of £4.98 - (which is the 18-20 rate )?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >