Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
Yeah it doesn't cost me a lot to feed them anyway I thought about those small chickens reckon I'd still have to cut them but if I could just half it then it might do a meal each. Not really thought about day old chicks, I think asbo would as he eats anything but don't know about daph. May have to see if I can scrounge two off someone to see before I buy a load.
I have over 200 day old chicks so i'm sure I could spare 2! If the Cannock Chase walk goes ahead and you make it on the walk then i'll bring some for you.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by kodimeg View Post
I only usually feed one meal of raw a day but that nearly always has bone in it. The minces from the supplier have 10 percent bone in too don't they, I don't feed a lot of mince, usually chicken carcass, chicken wing, chicken leg, turkey leg. Pork ribs, lamb chops etc. That book really does believe in the importance of bones and vegetables.
Yeah it does talk about bone and veg alot! Mine don't get veg very often either. I'm thinking of altering that too
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I am not anal about what I feed and when, but generally speaking, as my dogs are fed two meals a day (to minimise the risk of bloat and to maintain stable blood sugar levels), I tend to feed one meal of RMBs and another of something else eg liver, kidneys, tripe, tongue, hearts, etc
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I have over 200 day old chicks so i'm sure I could spare 2! If the Cannock Chase walk goes ahead and you make it on the walk then i'll bring some for you.
Thank you I'm hoping to get there, may have to convince my friend to drive and maybe bring 1 of her cavaliers but they don't do too well in cars I'm sure I will
Find a way there though yet. I missed the last one so dot want to miss another.
Shrap
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2011, 07:58 PM
I think this thread should be clarified a bit more. What he means is 60% RMBs (Raw MEATY bones - emphasis on meaty!)

I follow prey model style diet, not a big fan of Billinghurt, more into Tom Lonsdale myself.

80% muscle meat (inc heart), 10% bone, 5% liver, and 5% other organs (kindey, lung, pancreas etc.)

I don't feed any veg, I feed green tripe.

For info purposes a whole chicken bought from the supermarket is roughly 35% bone.

Also you can buy a cleaver from Morrisons for about £7 and it does the job for your frozen 1lb mince blocks! It does require a degree of accuracy but after cleaving 10 or so of them in half I can get it very easily now

Bones I feed are normally lamb/pork ribs + backs, turkey necks etc and feed once every day or 2, at the same time as offal to balance out the binding/diarrhea effect :P
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Shrap View Post
I think this thread should be clarified a bit more. What he means is 60% RMBs (Raw MEATY bones - emphasis on meaty!)

I follow prey model style diet, not a big fan of Billinghurt, more into Tom Lonsdale myself.

80% muscle meat (inc heart), 10% bone, 5% liver, and 5% other organs (kindey, lung, pancreas etc.)

I don't feed any veg, I feed green tripe.

For info purposes a whole chicken bought from the supermarket is roughly 35% bone.

Also you can buy a cleaver from Morrisons for about £7 and it does the job for your frozen 1lb mince blocks! It does require a degree of accuracy but after cleaving 10 or so of them in half I can get it very easily now

Bones I feed are normally lamb/pork ribs + backs, turkey necks etc and feed once every day or 2, at the same time as offal to balance out the binding/diarrhea effect :P
Thanks for that. Well mine currently have either a chicken wing or pork rib 3 times a week. But was debatin feeding more. My dogs don't get veg either just the odd bit now and again. May have to look into this Tom fella
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Where can you get day old chicks from please?
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Where can you get day old chicks from please?
Pet shops and online. Look for places that sell frozen reptile feed.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Casper loves day old chicks (OH and I joke about them being chicken nuggets for dogs ) but Kiki wasn't keen at all! She can surprise me with her fussiness with certain meats, e.g. duck and venison, when she's normally such a greedy mare!

I don't personally feed bone daily though they get it fairly frequently. Their chicken mince contains bone but I believe it's lower than many of the other raw minces and they don't get it daily. I get carcasses but the last bunch were smaller but with more meat on than usual, and I've ditched chicken wings in favour of legs which have a lot more meat on them so are more of a whole meat than just the bone aspect.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Pet shops and online. Look for places that sell frozen reptile feed.
Thank you
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >