View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Well at least when you mentioned to the owner of the Black Labs that an apology would be in order you didn't get the same response as me in a similar situation-the owner went for Jamie with a Nordic walking pole!

I find fields of cows scary and prefer to keep out now after one or two frightening experiences.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Sorry that you had such a bad walk it can be scary when you have a herd of cattle making there way towards you. As Lynn said hopefully you will have a better walk tomorrow
Larrabee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't ever walk in a field of cows, I grew up around lots of farmland and fields with livestock in were always considered out of bounds when dog walking, especially if there were calves or lambs.

People have been killed by charging cows, more than you'd think.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Larrabee View Post
I wouldn't ever walk in a field of cows, I grew up around lots of farmland and fields with livestock in were always considered out of bounds when dog walking, especially if there were calves or lambs.

People have been killed by charging cows, more than you'd think.
people have also been killed by cars and dogs lol
Larrabee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by marley123 View Post
people have also been killed by cars and dogs lol
I don't walk in the road either!
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-11-2011, 11:26 PM
There is a common local to me, very popular with dog-walkers. They put cows in each summer but usually put them in one half first then the other. Not this year though. They opened it up and put a huge number of cattle to roam the whole common, including young bullocks.

I have tried to leave the common by the gate through to the carpark which has been surrounded by extremely curious bullocks fascinated by the dogs. It can be quite alarming.

They have not been removed yet either and the cowpats are very appetising for the dogs.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2