View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2011, 09:21 AM
what about rare as in a "designer" cross??
witzendfarm
New Member!
Male 

04-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
ROFLMA have you had children and if so have they reached puberty............. :
?
Have a daughter 35 and 3 step children 38, 26, 23 and they all good,
witzendfarm
New Member!
Male 

04-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Bit old fashioned when it comes to crossing breeds. We tend to lose the original breed after a while.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by witzendfarm View Post
I breed blue staffies and while not rare they are very much in demand and we all know about supply and demand. Good homes are a priority and we screen people as best we can. I consider a dog as a child that relies on me for lifes necessaties and rewards me with unquestioning love.
Why do you call your Staffies "English Staffies" do you mean, Staffordshire Bull Terriers?, and do you breed blue to blue.
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-11-2011, 10:09 AM
We get it in Siberian Huskies all the time. "Rare blue-eyed white snow dogs" appear on the internet sales sites all the time. It always amazes me that the buyers don't seem to realise that if there are 50+ adverts for the same "rare" combination of eye and coat colour on the same site, then perhaps they aren't "rare" at all...........................?????
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

But there are breeds that are rare/vulnerable, so not sure why the term would be a factor to set alarm bells ringing
True but I can't see any decent breeder advertising them as rare or advertising any pups at all as I would imagine they would have waiting lists especially the vunerable breeds.

It would set alarm bells for me and I would ask why the breeder considers the pup to be rare.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
True but I can't see any decent breeder advertising them as rare or advertising any pups at all as I would imagine they would have waiting lists especially the vunerable breeds.

It would set alarm bells for me and I would ask why the breeder considers the pup to be rare.
I agree with what you say, but the word rare on its own, would not set alarm bells ringing, it would be the whole add and what it says....
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2011, 10:49 AM
I have a rare Himalayan boxer ,His coat blends in to the snow :P
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 12:27 PM
I have "Rare Albino Mini Dachshunds" (Not so rare double dapples) the deafness and sight problems are an unfortunate side effect
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
This years 'rare' is occasionally next years 'newly accredited colour'. Depends how rare is rare really and whether the rare colour can be bred for within the bloodline, or whether cross breeding has to occur.

Harlequin was 'rare' once in Danes, now half the danes you see are harlequin, same as merle. If it's pretty and can be bred for... then get enough of them and the colour will be recognised....

Cynical? Moi?
Strangely enough the Merle colour was the original colour of the Great Dane, but it is not a recognized colour in Great Danes now & Merles are still very popular & those with a lot of white on them are frequently sold as show dogs to unsuspecting pet owners
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »