View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 02:19 PM
ah a fellow big foot ! am a size 8! which look particularly bigger due to skinny calves! ive got wide feet as well so i find mens are a better fit

best boots ive ever had were a pair of mens black leather caterpillar ankle high boots my mum got me and my brother a pair when we were about 17/18 when they were the thing to have and i only retired them a year or so ago when i was so far from 18 the light from 18 couldnt reach me!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 02:23 PM
i can highly recommend the 3in1 jacket from aldi i got one about 2years ago and its great still waterproof with a snug fleece underneath

i defy anyone to go into aldi and not see something they didnt know they needed

some great high viz stuff in there a the moment
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
i can highly recommend the 3in1 jacket from aldi i got one about 2years ago and its great still waterproof with a snug fleece underneath

i defy anyone to go into aldi and not see something they didnt know they needed

some great high viz stuff in there a the moment
its worth a look if they have walking, running or cycling stuff as the winter running tights can be worn underneath, base layers, hi-vis stuff, walking poles.....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Just invested, after speaking to Gundog people, in a pair of Aigle wellies. They were £75 but worth every penny. I
love them. Warm, comfy and supportive. I was scared spending that
Much but they won't be off my feet til March and are designed like a walking boot. Love them. Was told not to get Hunters.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Just invested, after speaking to Gundog people, in a pair of Aigle wellies. They were £75 but worth every penny. I
love them. Warm, comfy and supportive. I was scared spending that
Much but they won't be off my feet til March and are designed like a walking boot. Love them. Was told not to get Hunters.
me too told they leaked in no time...
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks all , the cycling stuff is great too, coz I'm gonna have to cycle to work and back at least once a week, and so far don't have a high vis or lights , well most the way is cross country, its only the last mile or so on road, but I will need em, I'll have a look at the trousers to wear under aswell, although I have been known in the past to wear two pairs of socks, leggings, jeggings, jeans and then water proof trousers, and then a vesty top, with a normal top, a jumper a hoody, and then a water proof, may look like the michelin man, but can be warm and dry lol, I'll see who can get into aldi for me, coz I'm volunteering tomorrow, then start work Saturday, so the earliest I could go is Wednesday .
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Thanks all , the cycling stuff is great too, coz I'm gonna have to cycle to work and back at least once a week, and so far don't have a high vis or lights , well most the way is cross country, its only the last mile or so on road, but I will need em, I'll have a look at the trousers to wear under aswell, although I have been known in the past to wear two pairs of socks, leggings, jeggings, jeans and then water proof trousers, and then a vesty top, with a normal top, a jumper a hoody, and then a water proof, may look like the michelin man, but can be warm and dry lol, I'll see who can get into aldi for me, coz I'm volunteering tomorrow, then start work Saturday, so the earliest I could go is Wednesday .
Chaz, layering up is the best way to keep the heat in anyway.

get yourself thermal undies, base layers, your clothes then last year I used the Shoezone wellies but I put gators on over waterproof trousers when out and about then my jacket.....my feet were dry and I was warm, I did get fed up with cold feet but I would just stick a pair of thermal socks on and thermal fleece insoles in and thats that sorted.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Sorry Dobermonkey just noticed I called you Dobermann, thats what I get for trying to multitask .
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks Dobermann, I do need to get some thermal socks, I got some with the wellies I ordered last year as a freebie, although they sent size eight wellies with size four socks, go figure lol.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 03:36 PM
my favourite layer is my canterbury armourfit 'cold'

i went running in it in -4 last year and was boiling! thin but very effective!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >