View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-10-2011, 03:03 PM
It will be getting dark fairly soon but I have good lights on The Silver Monster so will take Pereg out for a few circuits soon.

She seems so content at the moment - must have really enjoyed this morning even though there was nothing interesting for her to see - but it was so lovely to take her out and see the look of sheer enjoyment on her face!

I have arranged for an appointment at the surgery for next Tuesday afternoon for a full blood work-up - they would have preferred morning and that could have been any day but my taxi driver only works from 2pm -4am and I do not want any more hasstle from the taxi ranks in town about "no, cannot take a dog" etc etc so am sticking with this driver.

But Pereg is so happy, bless her!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
The Silver Monster has a range of 60km on full batteries and his top speed is 17kmh [10.6mph] so he is rather OTT just for taking Pereg walkies! He is by far the biggest, fastest and most powerful mobility scooter I have ever had, but by far the easiest for me to control, and a total pleasure on which to pootle around.

Pereg ignored the little yap yap "minpins" down the road, who came rushing out, waited on instructions while I checked if was OK to turn left [we drive on the right here] and then instantly turned with me. Fair enough she is on a leash attached to the frame of the scooter, but if she did not want to cooperate she could easily end up being dragged along, so it is vital that she does follow instructions.

I think I had almost forgotten how good and reactive she in to instructions when we are out, and whether my instructions are correct or not [wait wait wait, come on come on come on] she understands and follows them.

What else could I ask of her?
Awwwww bless her, I can see it all now just like me and Zena when I'm on that bike, it's a wait, wait, or a go on, go on, or a left, a right and I'm sure this is half the pleasure for them waiting for the next command when they're trotting along I dunno about your battery giving up after 10K, but my poor old legs would have given up long before that, but then mine is mostly UPhill We do get the downs with the ups of course which are great fun! I dread to think what would happen here though if I were to actually fix Zena to that bike of mine perish that thought what with all these pheasants about atm!

Your little girl will sleep for England now I bet!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

25-10-2011, 04:07 PM
No, nechda sheli, the batteries will not pack up after just 10 km as The Silver Monster has a range of 60 km on full charge, and that is a v e r y long way!

We have just come back from a couple of circuits and I am going to have to get an outside light fitted to the front of the bungalow as the one above and at the side of the front door only lights up the "patio" and not the front - and I have to drive across the front and then reverse into The Shack - all with absolutely no lighting whatsoever apart from the headlight and rear lights - really not enough to see what I am doing, especially as The Shack is not very big and has very little room for error.

Must remember to phone Nir in the morning to see if he can get/fix/conhook a front outside light and one inside The Shack.

Please kick me to remind me...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 04:27 PM
No, nechda sheli, the batteries will not pack up after just 10 km as The Silver Monster has a range of 60 km on full charge, and that is a v e r y long way!We have just come back from a couple of circuits and I am going to have to get an outside light fitted to the front of the bungalow as the one above and at the side of the front door only lights up the "patio" and not the front - and I have to drive across the front and then reverse into The Shack - all with absolutely no lighting whatsoever apart from the headlight and rear lights - really not enough to see what I am doing, especially as The Shack is not very big and has very little room for error.

Must remember to phone Nir in the morning to see if he can get/fix/conhook a front outside light and one inside The Shack.

Please kick me to remind me...
Well let's hope Pereg doesn't know that yet!!!!! I can see myself in one of these in a few year's time that's for sure!

I will give you a gentle reminder tomorrow about that lighting for your return, coz it sounds a bit too iffy at the moment with the silver machine being a bit of a tight fit in the shack! Thankfully, I have a man who "does" here, and he's even put me a plastic milk bottle hanging down from the ceiling in the garage, so I know when I hit it with the windscreen it's definitely time to stoooooooop!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

25-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Ahem - I have to drive across the front of the bungalow, sharp right turn and go up on the slope a bit, and the [eeeeek] reverse into The Shack. There is no electricity in there but the delumtious Doron drilled a big hole through the wall into the salon and threaded an extention cable through to plug in in side, with the socket end in The Shack, so I can plug The Silver Monster in to recharge him when necessary.

When I had The Shack built he could actually have been one metre longer, but my then big scooter was not as big as The Silver Monster so there was lots of room. Only I sold that one and bought this one, and he is big. Very big.

Pereg is now flonked on her side with a happy expression on her face, bless her!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Pereg is now flonked on her side with a happy expression on her face, bless her!
And Rianna is now the same at the side of my bed, she looks so sweet when she's asleep Baruska will probably want to go out in a minute and I shall be heading for bed too, so it's time to wish you all Good Night and Sweet Dreams
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2