Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by cath25 View Post
This has cause a few arguments in our house - even though were not married. I could still kill him and the xbox! I dont mind as i like to do my own thing and what ever i do ask him to be fair he will do - unless hes on fifa which he cannot pause apparently hmmmm.. :P
Ahhh, that old chestnut!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2011, 10:57 PM
My friend has exactly the same problem, I know it causes her and him so many rows. If he's not doing that he's out with friends having a pint

I feel sorry for her....and you too xxxxxxx
cath25
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Too be fair he doesnt go out and get hammerd every weekend - he never goes out, and i have my horses so i spoose his xbox is his thing - it just fustrates me when hes in a trance on it like a zombie!!
cath25
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Ahhh, that old chestnut!
Yeeah.. im a little suspisious of that one too!! hahah!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2011, 11:09 PM
I do computer, OH does the telly. We do go out for a walk every day and play golf together (but only in good weather, when it's not, he goes alone - have to use a buggy and it gets mighty cold).

We are both retired now though so I guess having our own stuff is a blessing rather than a curse.

When we were working, OH worked anywhere from 12 to 18 hours a day, 7 days a week. We didn't get much of a chance to do anything together back then. It was something we were both used to so it didn't really cause any grief
Tiny Paws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2011, 07:24 AM
I do understand that he needs to relax, so when he plays it normally, I just grit my teeth and do my own thing. But I think its just a bit selfish to do what you want to do soley for the whole day, and not think about me or the kids for any of it.
And I spend ages trying to convince my kids that they should be limiting the time on the computer games, and go out and play, or read, or draw etc to keep them healthy, then their Dad sets a really bad example and I feel like banging my head against a brick wall!!!!
Tiny Paws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by cath25 View Post
it just fustrates me when hes in a trance on it like a zombie!!
Yeah!!! Exactly!!!! You can't even hold a conversation with them, can you? I say that he is in his own bubble, and not even me dancing naked infront of him would make him look up!!!!!
And, god - the fallout - if you have to walk infront of the TV to get something and make him lose a life or something!!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
We've found a few games we can play together (the big one being World of Warcraft although we like different things within the game)
Ditto
We play WoW, we have our own guild - sometimes do things together, but sometimes do seperate things, but at least we can talk about it lol
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Oh I feel for you!

We've been married 11 years now but when we first were married I remember I put his Playstation in the bin and he rang me at work to ask where it was!

Compromise is key, some games we play together-like quiz games and then he has his computer time and I have mine.
As Jamie works shifts and I don't spend much time with him anyway I would be pretty annoyed if he spent all his free time staring at a screen.

I do know a lady where I worked previously who would not have a telly as her previous marriage split up because of having one. They used to "veg out" in front of the screen and forgot how to communicate to each other or have dates I think.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I do know a lady where I worked previously who would not have a telly as her previous marriage split up because of having one. They used to "veg out" in front of the screen and forgot how to communicate to each other or have dates I think.

Something like this happened to me. Was never too fussed about watching the TV myself, but I did end up having to say to my ex husband that either the TV went or he did. Even though the TV did go, sadly by that point our marriage was too far gone to save.

To the WoW players, my other half and I play that too. In fact it was how we met (please don't laugh). My guild was a person short for a raid, and one of the guys brought a friend in. He had so much fun with us he asked to join the guild, eventually we decided to meet up, and it went on from there.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >