Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Do you do residential training? I'll send him with plenty of food and pants... honest....
LOL!!!!!

He'd be home in hours. I take no prisoners and I'm a very hard task master.So you can keep his pants on hold

Thats why my 2 dont mess me about but they know OH is a softer touch.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Everything since I had Ciarán, well Mist things Anywah to the point I tell the dogs to do something and they look at him
ATD x
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
LOL!!!!!

He'd be home in hours. I take no prisoners and I'm a very hard task master.So you can keep his pants on hold

Thats why my 2 dont mess me about but they know OH is a softer touch.

..... if there is one thing i try not to do with his pants , its hold them ...
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Hubby feeds them every other night, and shows them off to his friends and that's it.

Even when I've been stupidly ill, he won't walk them. He annoys me very much with this!

He will sometimes accompany me and them on walks, but he never handles the dogs, just accompanies me with the littl'un.

He's good around them though to say he used to be petrified of dogs before we had Jess (when we first got Jess, he would flinch and shy away whenever she moved, but now he knows how to be normal lol).
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I can't stand walking the boys with the OH - Sadie - not a problem, but because she was trained by me and walked by me for so long she's easy. Because the OH is a soft touch on the boys - they muck about and do my head in.. and then I get annoyed at OH for not doing as I have showed him/said (I do have to walk Louie on my own when he isn't here - I would prefer he not undo the training in one weekend) and then he gets frustrated - so it's best if we only take Sadie out as a couple.
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:18 PM
His training is still ongoing, but he walks them the three days I work, and comes with us the other days. He will sometimes give them their tea (I always do breakfast). He comes with me as a spectator to training and agility. He loves them both, but isn't really great with their training, his timing is appalling!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Very little! He feeds them their midday biscuits (work shifts permitting) and fusses them and tucks them up in their beds at night with a toy under their front leg and a blanket over them when it is winter ( ).

When I have been very poorly he has walked them for me when I have begged him to!

He does spoil them though-I made some home-made cheese dog biscuits and he was warming them up in the microwave for them each day as he said they tasted nicer warm!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Another thing to add - would you change it..

I wouldn't - alright it may be tough but I took over the responsibility of a dog (that I didn't want in the first place due to our circumstances) so it's really my fault that OH doesn't get to do much plus with him elsewhere it's easier for me to handle Louie with the bond we have.

Although - he could poo pick in the garden - I HATE that..
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Another thing to add - would you change it..

I wouldn't - alright it may be tough but I took over the responsibility of a dog (that I didn't want in the first place due to our circumstances) so it's really my fault that OH doesn't get to do much plus with him elsewhere it's easier for me to handle Louie with the bond we have.

Although - he could poo pick in the garden - I HATE that..

We regularly discuss who's turn it is to do 'Poo Patrol'
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post

We regularly discuss who's turn it is to do 'Poo Patrol'
I can't do that - he's not home that often And my sister won't do it - although I have said that if she plans on getting her own dog whilst living with me - she does it.. she doesn't want a small dog neither
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »