View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks all, I'm a really excited about it, I've never been to America before. If anyone wants something for their dog that they are dying to have but can't get here, I'll try and bring it back for them

I'd like to see Cain in a handbag too Steph, thought it might need to actually be a suitcase and take four people to lift

I've had the Rockafella centre suggested to me by others too, I really want to do the outdoor skating

Ive found shops that sell Empire State building shaped squeaky toys and NYC taxi shaped dog biscuits, I'm such a sucker for a gimmick sometimes I'll probably end up buying some
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 09:47 PM
December in new york is cold very cold. Orlando will be hot. You won't have enough room in your case with two lots of clothes to bring much back unless you start practising now with a capsule wardrobe

I am sure you will have a great time so long as you don't stress yourself with other peoples orders.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 10:12 PM
I love Orlando---my brother has a house out there. It'll be packed in December but good fun.

I did a swim with a beluga whale at sea world one year. That was an amazing experience. I was the only person on the earliest one. Discovery cove is lovely as well---and limited for people so you need to book early but it isn't crowded.

I bought some tough rubber toys out there one year at the airport but not a lot else.

rune
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 10:16 PM
The way to travel and have room for purchases is to take your old clothes and leave them there when you return.

I often do this when I travel, I take my old worn out underwear and if you have nothing old buy some real el cheapo stuff like £2 tops and £5 trousers which you can give to charity prior to leaving.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 07:13 AM
That's not a bad idea SB. I've lost quite a lot of weight recently and my clothes are getting really baggy and I need to buy a new wardrobe anyway. Apparently Orlando isn't that warm in December, I mean it's not freezing like NYC, but cool enough for trousers and sometimes long sleeve tops. So I'll just wear jeans and t shirts there (my legs never come out no matter how hot it is, even when I lived in Vietnam I still wore jeans!)

I'd love to swim with something rune, I read about swimming with dolphins at Discover Cove. I'd love to do it, but I also have moral issues with cetaceans in captivity so I'll have to think about it

Oh I can NOT WAIT!!!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I'd love to swim with something rune, I read about swimming with dolphins at Discover Cove. I'd love to do it, but I also have moral issues with cetaceans in captivity so I'll have to think about it

Oh I can NOT WAIT!!!!
Same here, I will not do it.

I love planning a trip the anticipation is half the fun.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Ooooo Im getting excited for you already Ive only been to NYC once (did get a statue of liberty squeeky for my Ted dog ) I do recomend a helecopter flight over the city its really good, and a trip on the staton island ferry (its free, or was)
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 07:24 AM
a helicopter ride, wow, that would be amazing. Although I'll have to see if the OH will do it or not, he's scared of flying

Yes, I'm sure Cain will end up with at least one annoying squeaky novelty shaped toy
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 07:36 AM
oooooooooooh...jealous!

I need to go to America...they do a baby range that I LOVE and far surpasses any UK store in terms of style and quality. Sadly only stumbled across on Ebay and at Car Boots.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 10:45 AM
your going to have so much fun. When we went to the usa we went with nearly empty suitcases and bought so much over there it was a lot cheeper, but thats not going to solve your problem much. sb idea is a really good one
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >