View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Many thanks for the suggestions - I`ll work through them starting with the dummy.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Starmark Easy Glider foam Frizbees are fab
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Yep they are light, float, visible and although expensive are extremely durable and one of the few toys that can put up with the jaws of my GSD (as the FF balls).

Starmark make the FFB on a rope and the frisbees

http://www.traininglines.co.uk/dog-toys-783-0.html
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 06:56 PM
My favourite floating retrieve object is a Dokken plastic dummy. I have used Wubbas and various other things before but you cant beat the Dokken IMO.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Prince has decided he`s a water baby too so now I have two dogs who leap into any available water.
I need retrieve toys that float BUT I can`t use balls because Prince is learning Give and balls are a step too far atm.
I have the floating kong on a rope but have seen these sink before now. Any other ideas? They need to be not too heavy or big so they will fit in my bag, and not too delicate because the dogs are hard-mouthed. They need to be long enough for me to hold safely while in a dogs mouth or have a rope.
Ideas?
not read through yet but the fantastic foam ball on a rope is sort of oval and not 'squishy' to bite down on if thats any help (theres a review in that section/toy section but I think they make foam frisbee's if he cant have the ball...) or water wubbas? or (I havent tried them) a Safestix (drill a hole and stick a bit rope through?)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
My favourite floating retrieve object is a Dokken plastic dummy. I have used Wubbas and various other things before but you cant beat the Dokken IMO.
My GSD holed that on the first throw..............

that is the beauty of the fantastic foam toys, they do not hole........
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the suggestions - I have ordered 2 dummies and will work down the list if my furry alligators destroy them. (Excited GSDs can destroy most stuff, I find).
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Thanks for the suggestions - I have ordered 2 dummies and will work down the list if my furry alligators destroy them. (Excited GSDs can destroy most stuff, I find).
I have been through so many things. Gabe just chomps as he runs. The only thing I have found that he cannot destroy is the Black x large kong.

I found the ones I suggested in Oz at a pet expo and thought I would give them a try, he has made some in road into them, but he really gives them hell on a walk, so I am very pleased at how thy have stood up.

I am not sure about the other toys in the range though.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 08:13 AM
I have a training dumbell that floats - could be useful for placement of his mouth - unless you're not bothered about that?
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I have a training dumbell that floats - could be useful for placement of his mouth - unless you're not bothered about that?
Are those the plastic clix ones?
I tried that but he chews as he runs and it sliced his mouth
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >