View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:11 AM
I loved skating as a child, earlier this year I bought some inline skates and gave it a go. It is much harder work as an adult and I am less coordinated now than I used to be but I keep practising.

I would never try it with Max, one squirrel and that would be it Where I walk Max in the mornings a lady started coming alone with her skates. We got chatting and she told me she was getting better and more confident but she couldn't go very fast, which was a shame. I did offer her Max, but for some unknown reason, she declined my kind offer...
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by Spaniel7 View Post
inline and yes my dog is always on lead trust me its hard to keep your dog safe i.e i was skating with my dog of lead in a park with a friend when a dog came bounding across some flower beds and its not easy getting to your dog on skates on grass and if something happens preventing it,i rather be on the safe side.
Ok, yeh I can imagine dashing over to an emergency is a struggle

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I got some skates a few years back
tried it (no dog attached)
fell spectaculrly in a rose bush and was sitting the next day in an important buisness meeting with scabs on my elbows and knees

Im not coordinated enough to skate - odd cos I was great as a kid
O dear!! Starting to sounds like its harder than I remember. I wasnt even very good 10 years ago!

Originally Posted by NCA1 View Post
Jeez i would never try it If Saff saw a cat/a dog she didn't like..! Well done to those of you who can do it successfully though!
Haha, well I think I would only do it in a park, where I could drop the lead if I was about to fall. Its sounding hard though

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I loved skating as a child, earlier this year I bought some inline skates and gave it a go. It is much harder work as an adult and I am less coordinated now than I used to be but I keep practising.

I would never try it with Max, one squirrel and that would be it Where I walk Max in the mornings a lady started coming alone with her skates. We got chatting and she told me she was getting better and more confident but she couldn't go very fast, which was a shame. I did offer her Max, but for some unknown reason, she declined my kind offer...
Well good luck with it, I'm sure if you keep it up maybe one day you could even take Max! I do have a similar feeling that I will trundle round at walking pace!

Maybe I should go to one of those skating rinks/roller discos for some practise See whether its gonna be a waste of money.
I enjoy cycling and have one at the parents but no room the rest of the time for one I was going to chain one outside but I think it would get stolen!
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:36 AM
I used to skate with my dog. He loved it, so did I till he wrapped me round a lamp post while chasing a cat I had the biggest bruise on my backside! lol
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by dog_geek View Post
I used to skate with my dog. He loved it, so did I till he wrapped me round a lamp post while chasing a cat I had the biggest bruise on my backside! lol
Ouch that sounds painful! Hopefully there arent too many lamp posts in parks Glad you used to enjoy it though.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Err, no. Would be a death wish with my dogs!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Err, no. Would be a death wish with my dogs!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 10:07 AM
I used to do it with Sadie but there were no decent paths so we gave it up after my set of rollerblades were wrecked.. Louie like Labradork - would be a deathwish and Benjie - he'd try and eat them as we ran.. plus he doesn't do running..
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
Maybe I should go to one of those skating rinks/roller discos for some practise
I wonder if they still play Agadoo and the Time Warp (am really showing my age now )
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 12:55 PM
I would if there were more approriate roads/pathways/parks nearby to skate on.

Jess would love it I think (she loves running with the bike), and I think Harls would love it, although he wouldn't be able to go too far as his stamina is kak and he's lazy lol.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2