Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah88 View Post
Our walks are exactly the same. Some days we meet loads of people out walking other days there's nobody! Although one of my walks takes us out into the middle of nowhere and we hardly ever meet anyone on that one! It can be nice to have quiet walks but I do like Kia to meet at least a couple of nice people/dogs per walk! Playing helps tire her out

Funnily enough we didn't see another soul on our river walk today and that one is usually very popular... Think the pouring rain may have had something to do with it?! I'm probably known as the nutter out in all weathers!!!

xoxox
Yeah, a lot of 'fair weather' walkers around! The real 'doggy' people are out regardless and I think you get less trouble generally then.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:01 AM
At the park we will usually meet other dogs though it's pot luck if they are ones Dex can play with. If I don't know the dog and owner, I will not let him play unless I have checked with the owner first and unless I am happy that the dog looks relaxed.

Then on other days at the park, Dex will meet lots of his mates. The other day for example he met one of his girlfriends, Bella, a beautiful and very big Greyhound; Reno, a gorgeous 11 yr old long haired GSD; Ozzy, a Bichon Frise, and of course the brand new love of his life, Nefertiti, a Flat Coated Retriever!

Most days I am very happy to meet other dogs for Dex to play or walk with, as he adores meeting other dogs.

However sometimes we just walk round the park by ourselves and do training and that is good too.

When we are out walking, in the streets, as opposed to going to the park, then it is total pot luck - we can easily be the only dog and owner around or we can encounter several.

As others have said, I love the chance to meet different breeds of dogs - Nefertiti is the first Flat Coat I have met, a real treat!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Just like to say that on our walk yesterday we came across 2 Chinese Cresteds - which are unusual here anyway.. so that was pot luck.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 08:08 AM
It rained yesterday and I have to confess it was utter BLISS walking along getting pelted with rain, only meeting the hard-core non-idiot walkers (no Trevor the Terror Terrier!)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2