Female 

31-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Smooth coat Chihuahua

Boxers now - have had them since early 80's
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 12:37 PM
First dog I owned was Boomer, Border Collie, I lost him at Easter aged nearly 16. I still have 4 Border Collies, so yes, I still have the same breed as my 1st dogs.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Staffies were my first breed, and still have 2.........
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 12:42 PM
The first dogs I owned myself were my two now, and I did have a EBT at one point, but not for long but growing up at on point there was (wait for it) a Deerhound, 2 GSD's, a jack russel, jack russel cross, a whippet, a cross breed, and a smooth haired Fox terrier at one point, after that there was Max and Penny, 2 Jack Russel cross Yorkshire terriers, then we unoffically fostered Ziggy for a while, she was a Great dane, German shepherd, Dobermann, Greyhound mix from what we were told, soft as anything, but scared of everything, but at 8 years old me and my mate had all three dogs out as much as we could, after this I convinced my parents at 14 to get Honey, then we unoffically fostered another dog, Logan a Akita from a far less then perfect home, he was around Honey's age and still remembers us, then we managed to get a GSD from some gypsies called Silas, he ended up having to go to another home as he wasn't really suitable and it was better for him to go to another home , and then around six months after getting Honey Diesel came home , then a few years later my bully boy came in for a all too brief stay I still have my two now, and think I will always have sighthounds and terriers (whether bull/working types) and will love a Deerhound if I ever have kids to grow up with them, but I couldn't say who was the first pet the family had, as their was a few there when I was born (I also hope I've not forgotten anyone!)
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Had a Boxer growing up then a Beagle. First dog of my own was a Boxer had Boxers for 20 years then got a Beardie and have had them ever since.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Cocker Spaniel and yes still own her ^^
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 01:06 PM
My first breed was a welsh collie...we had her until January this year
I don't own another collie and don't think I ever will. We do have her son Otis who is lab collie x. When he goes I won't own another collie x...they are my first babies and will always be special to me.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-07-2011, 01:25 PM
The first breed I had were Griffons, and I had them until I left England. Then my Little One, a small black and tan fluffy mutt, and now just have Pereg. A small/medium black and tan shortcoated mutt, who will, I am afraid, be my last canine companion.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2011, 01:28 PM
My first dog was a German Shepherd.
I have never been without one since 1973.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Growing up my parents had various breeds and cross breeds from a Bull Mastiff to a coocker spaniel and a few mutts. The first dog I bought myself was when I was 13 he was a mutt with lots of spaniel in him. My first dog as an adult was a cocker spaniel and no I don't have one now although I do still like them.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »