View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2011, 07:48 AM
thank you i think i will wait for usual vets yes he has puntured my arm but ive shoved good old sudocrem on it and ive rec had a tetnas so not worried about me just so upset ive lost my kind loving faithful boy
the other dogs are distressed but my daughter taking them out now
will let you know whats going on when spoken to vets
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 07:54 AM
How awful for you{{{hugs}}}.

I know Ace is your priority at the moment but once things are calmer please do either go to your doc or A&E. My dad got bitten breaking up a fight once and the vet was most concerned that he have ABs.

Again sorry you are going through this awful time
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Hope your vet has better advice, I'd go for a strong sedative and hope he calms enough to eat it. The only other option is to dart him, don't know if you have a zoo vet near by? We have a local ish one who would have done Pippin for us when we needed to get him to a vets.

Best of luck, its awful for you and him.

rune
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2011, 08:07 AM
right just spoken to my vets the vet that she needs to talk to doesnt come into 11 and he may come out then but he has to be calm and not aggresive but if hes like that ill pop him to the one at top of rd! said just to leave him with food and water in a quiet area which hes in just hoping he will calm down but over 2 hours later hes settled in the corner but still aggresive im going to ring the breeder up as well that i got him from as she may well help as well .
thanks for all your advise i will keep you informed i knew i could rely on dogsey people
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Oh Angie I do feel for you, this is so upsetting.
I really hope Ace calms down so that the vets can help him.

As cava14una says please look after yourself. When Mo was so ill and bit hubby the vet was most insistant that he got hospital treatment for his hand.
Don't neglect it.
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
right just spoken to my vets the vet that she needs to talk to doesnt come into 11 and he may come out then but he has to be calm and not aggresive but if hes like that ill pop him to the one at top of rd! said just to leave him with food and water in a quiet area which hes in just hoping he will calm down but over 2 hours later hes settled in the corner but still aggresive im going to ring the breeder up as well that i got him from as she may well help as well .
thanks for all your advise i will keep you informed i knew i could rely on dogsey people
So pleased you got through to your normal vet. I really hope everything goes ok & you get him seen one way or the other. hugs for you & your boy xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2011, 08:15 AM
I hope they can sort things for you. It must be so distressing for you to see your dog this way and so distressing for Ace.

I am going out in a while as soon as I am home I will log on to see how things have gone during the day. I will be thinking of you both.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 08:16 AM
If he and you are safe that is all you can do although I woud suggest you keep him dark if you can as light can exacerbate some conditions.
2manydogs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Don't sedate - you don't know what is wrong with him!
Confine quietly, semi dark if possible adn find a vet who WILL COME OUT TO YOU.
what's a vet saying bring him in when calm how on earth can you be given a diagnosis? You need proper help .. do you have an animal transport company anywhere near you?

Get a double duvet and see if you can place that over him, be careful poor dog sounds in a terrible state - poor you too!!

Don't give up on a vet keep trying good luck!!!
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2011, 08:22 AM
right she spoke to vet and just rang me said to keep him quiet and ring at 12 if no change the vet will come out and put him to sleep as there is nothing they will be able to do so just a waiting game
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »