Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2011, 04:19 PM
And by the way, PJ is GORGEOUS. Dont tell Luke I said that lol
Blue Shadow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2011, 04:28 PM
lol always room for one more dedicated dog walker for our pack of 1 Dane, 1 Giraffe and a GSD

Even Giraffes have to rest sometimes

Wendy
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Blimey, even for a Dane he's pretty mahussive!!! Still think his neck is a bit short for a giraffe but now if a kid said "Tiger!" I could see that. I didn't know GD's came in brindle
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Wow lovely boy, but sorry guys when you have dogs that big you are going to get comments
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Gorgeous boy! Biggest Dane i ever saw was a harlequin, he made all the others look moderate - at a show. Gorgeous boy.
Blue Shadow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I am 5ft 4. One of my OH's friends on seeing that photo with me and PJ rather than asking if PJ was a real dog, asked ifit was a real woman in the picture!!!

Its easy to forget how big our danes are because they are just "our" dogs and we see them all the time so I tend to let the size comments wash over me when we are out and about with them but its good to hear something new once in a while

Wendy
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Oh I understand that people are going to comment...but really, can they think of nothing better than "put a saddle on it", or "who's walking who" when it is clear as mud that the dog is not pulling lol. Especially when they just heard five other people say the same horse comment before they repeat it. I get that he's huge...honest I do. I'm 5.7 and some and Luke is taller than average too, but there comes a time when you gotta give us a break ya know? They MUST know we hear it enough. Oh Im just a grouch..sue me
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2011, 04:52 PM
But I'll be much less grouchy if Wendy adopts me and lets me move into her mansion lol
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 05:10 PM
There were Two Harlequin ? Danes at the Crowland show yesterday,The owner didn't get a minutes peace,I heard plenty of comments like...you need a saddle etc...bless him,
They were lovely with Bea,The males paw was as big as her head !! These Two had wonderful temprements and were just lovely Both came to greet me and within seconds had their noses in my right pocket ...They'd sussed out i had treats in there !!!
Duck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2011, 06:17 PM
he is gorgeous, ive never had the giraffe comment but get the saddle and food ones all the time.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >