Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
OK, first boy is Hoover, he is a Vorwerk cockerel (with a Barnevelder hen behind him)

Second boy is a Welsummer, he is called Kellogg, and there is a Vorwerk girl behind him. He usually looks much more impressive, but he has lost his tail in the moult....

Dustbathing hens are Welsummers - at least one of these girls will be shown this year, as will the Vorwerks

How do you find the Barnavelders? The bloke I got my speckled sussex eggs had some and I liked the look of them. I am thinking about getting my brother to bring some hatching eggs up (the bloke lives near my brother in Bedford).

Where do you show them? I'm trying to find a show to go and have a look. Only one I know of is the one attached to Garstang show.

Helen
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
How do you find the Barnavelders? The bloke I got my speckled sussex eggs had some and I liked the look of them. I am thinking about getting my brother to bring some hatching eggs up (the bloke lives near my brother in Bedford).

Where do you show them? I'm trying to find a show to go and have a look. Only one I know of is the one attached to Garstang show.

Helen
They are nice actually... but quite bossy with other hens. I get lovely speckly eggs from them. Pretty chunky hen, hardy, don't mind the rain etc.

We've got a BV cockerel as well, and he is a very nice temperamented boy (and pretty too!)

This year we are at Garstang and Great Eccleston. Once we get the breeding off the ground, we'll do some carded auctions with our stock too.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks. Might just go for them. I am hoping to have a few breeding trios next year and am looking for another breed, apart from my speckleds.

Will definitely try and get to Garstang this year and come and say hello.

Helen
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-06-2011, 09:15 AM
They look great and so nice to see them living naturally.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
They look great and so nice to see them living naturally.
Thanks Lynn... they are in a pen (to stop the dogs getting to them) but its 30m x 50m , so plenty of room!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2