Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ciárna_Brighid
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
Ahh sorry to hear this. Glad it was nothing too serious though.

Unfortunately the surfaces of a lot of tennis courts are extremely abrasive. I let a client's dog off on the tennis courts for off-leash exercise once and the same happened to him. He was a GSD and only really had a scamper around for a few minutes, no ball-chasing. I noticed his bloody paws and had to abort his walk and take him home early as he was limping.

I felt awful but thankfully my client was very understanding and her dog recovered quickly.

I hope Ciarna feels better soon. x
The poor thing. I am sorry that this happened to you also. I feel really bad because I kept pulling her to walk home. It was a 15 minute walk home but it was well over an hour by the time I got her home. I just thought she was exhausted from playing ball. I tell ya, I'll never leave this house again without my mobile phone!!! I'll have to remember to charge it up though...that's the other thing!!!! I've a head like a sieve!
Ciárna_Brighid
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Poor girl...... hope the paws heal soon xx
Hi Vicki, I took her to the bottom of the hill last night to meet William coming home from work. It's roughly 10 steps from my house to the bottom of the hill. But she is still limping a bit. So, another few days of resting up!
Ciárna_Brighid
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
ouch, poor girl but these things happen. So glad it was nothing more serious or long term.

What is it with labradors eating everything! A friend had a labrador which kept pawing and scratching at her fence, she then used a chew deterrrent which was recommended by the behaviourist. - But it took a strange liking to the taste of bitter apple and actually consumed part of her fence! She came home to see it licking away the chew deterrent like it was christmas :-S
Hello Twilightwolf, I'd love to know what it is myself with these silly labradors eating such things! I mean, stones are tasteless and bulky in the mouth!!!! The Vet said he was surprised that Ciárna didn't choke on the stones she swallowed because they were so big. She even made a few dints in the stone with her teeth!!!!! She is so obsessed with eating stones!!!!! I had her outside the back a few days ago and had her on the hook-line but I didn't put the muzzle on because William and I were close by. I took my eyes of her for a second, and low and behold I caught her with a tiny stone in her mouth!!! I could've killed her!!!
Ciárna_Brighid
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Here is Ciárna at the park on Tuesday........
By brightbluerose97 at 2011-06-17

a few more.......
Ciárna_Brighid
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Hoking for dog treats...........

Playing football with the lads! She actually did grab there football and ran away with it, LOL! The guys loved her though.....

Looking to the right......

Looking to the left.......

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm glad that she is ok, and that it was nothing serious! (still sounds very painful though!). She is gorgeous , and looks to have had fun, even if the walk didn't end too great.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2