Our sister sites
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Thanks Het, I will really enjoy it.

Ian

P.S. I have just realised I feel a tad bit hungry, will go and have a few nibbles on something.
Hets Hot Pot, gets the taste buds going. It could even rival Bettys Hot Pot
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 10:10 AM
It sounds more of a physical thing. It sounds as though you actually feel physically full so I wonder if this is to do with your illness?

Do see a doctor and get some help. Do you have any other symptoms? Is there any problem with reflux, feeling sick, pain - these you would get with an ulcer?

My mum had a stress problem a while back - she was having a tough time and found herself unable to swallow meat.

Meal replacement drinks are an excellent idea if you are not eating food.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Hello again,

I just made myself a slice of toast and marmalade, i've eaten about half a slice, had to really concentrate on eating it.

I have been getting a bit of acid, but when I started the antibiotics it went away, so I don't know if I have somekind of germ?

Luck Star - that's strange about your mum, as I find I can eat any meat from a deli e.g. sliced ham, chopped pork etc as though there is no tomorrow, yet if I do myself a piece of ham I won't touch it.

Ian
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Ian if your blood sugar is high you may feel sickly and not very hungry but it is important for your condition that you eat small nourishing meals preferable of fruit/veg and complex carbohydrates....hope the marmalade is sugar free you norty person ..tinned baked beans are full of sugar also I think you should talk to your doctor and the nutritionist at the diabetic clinic asap
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Hi Mini, thanks for your advice, I do buy all sugar free or low sugar foods, i.e. weight watchers beans etc. I know I have to eat and keep eating an odd grape then I will open a tin of pear halve etc (in own juice) just to keep eating.

I will contact my GP on Tuesday - busy on Monday, going to dentist and hospital. I not worry about anything. I would like to go out and try having a meal somewhere, but I have to rest, and I mean really rest up so that is out of the question, just now I feel as though I could eat a heary old fashioned fried breakfast, but what would happen?

Ian
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Ian I do empathise with your predicament ..when Dad was in the DRI in 1928 in order to remove all the sugar from his body they put him on a diet of cabbage and cabbage water to cleanse the system..the chap in the next bed had a roast dinner and Dad by then reduced to eight stone in weight and starving hungry gave the chap in the next bed sixpence for the fat that was left on the side of his plate. After that Dad stuck rigorous to his diet which I think is why he managed to live to the age of ninety .Going without the foods he loved would never be as bad as a diet of cabbage
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Hi Mini, thanks for your advice, I do buy all sugar free or low sugar foods, i.e. weight watchers beans etc. I know I have to eat and keep eating an odd grape then I will open a tin of pear halve etc (in own juice) just to keep eating.

I will contact my GP on Tuesday - busy on Monday, going to dentist and hospital. I not worry about anything. I would like to go out and try having a meal somewhere, but I have to rest, and I mean really rest up so that is out of the question, just now I feel as though I could eat a heary old fashioned fried breakfast, but what would happen?

Ian
Until you see the doc I would suggest little and often Ian. No big meals, just pick as often as you like, in keeping with the type of food Mini suggests.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Hi everybody,

Thanks for all your advice, For my meal tonight I have managed to eat two portions of garlic bread with cheese, (the pizza type) with out any bother, usually at the last couple of bites I have to force myself then I have had about 6 apricot halves with cream. so overall I have done pretty well, but I did have help, Blackie eating with me, so I am wondering if the problem is not the food but eating on my own?

We are such strange objects.

Ian
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2005, 06:51 PM
Are you on Insulin or tablets? Either way, you should just eat a meal at meal times and nothing in between or your blood sugars will be right out of control. What are your levels like?

I had a meal 2 hours ago and I'm 5.8, hospital like me to keep between 4 - 7, so I'm fine. If your sugars are high, that is probably why you're not feeling like eating. You are more likely to be high than low, as you would be having hypos.

I should ring the doctor, diabetic nurse have a chat with them.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Hi CC, I'm on insulin, and my Bg's have been pretty normal for me anyway (8 - 10) however I have just done a check on my meter and it is reading incorrectly I have just been to see the woman next door (who is also a diabetic and checked my blood sugar with her and I'm a bit high..... 18 So it seems that my meter must have been wrongly reporting that I was ok for a while, I did the last check a month ago.

So she says I can use her meter until Monday when I will be able to get a new one. I'm just pleased that I did a check as it isn't really due.

Thanks everybody for your concerns, I will get there.

Ian
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >