View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickynockynoono
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Get your vet to check out her abdomen area. She may have a burning sensation, making her want to lie somewhere cool. This happened to my old boy. I used to sleep on the sofa with the patio door open, he'd insist on staying outside all night.

Is her appetite ok?

Nicky
muffintop68
New Member!
Female 

06-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by nickynockynoono View Post
Get your vet to check out her abdomen area. She may have a burning sensation, making her want to lie somewhere cool. This happened to my old boy. I used to sleep on the sofa with the patio door open, he'd insist on staying outside all night.

Is her appetite ok?

Nicky
Yeah, her appetite is great! She's always scouring the floor after we eat for any little dropped morsels, finishes her dog food each day and begs from people like normal. (we were never good about training that out of her, haha)

Honestly, for those suggesting dementia, I don't see any signs of mental degradation at all (I've looked up dementia signs and my dog doesn't have them... she isn't anxious, doesn't pace around or act weird, she greets people normally, etc.). I suppose it won't hurt to ask the vet next time though.

Nicky, that's interesting about the burning abdomen... were you able to treat it with your dog? What caused it? I'll have that checked out.
nickynockynoono
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:55 AM
This is rather difficult to answer. I didn't want to alarm you so was trying to be subtle in my last post.

Lenny had a growth in his stomach, hence his loss of appetite. The vet told me that the cool paving stones would take away the burning sensation he would have had.

I really hope this isn't the case and wish I'd kept my mouth shut now. Hope I haven't alarmed you. Bear in mind that Lenny didn't have a good appetite so that's a good sign with your dog having a healthy one.

Nicky
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2