View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Hi H, there are a many bad dog owners out there, I'd not like to live next door to one as you are but I do see a dog in a garden when we drive through one village, it is always sitting on the door step either sleeping or just looking around, it never seems to have any attention and I think they keep it outside most of the time, people like that and your neighbour shouldn't have a dog but there's little you or I can do I fear, we don't even have dog wardens or RSPCA here and sadly personal intervention would not be a good idea.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Is this the first time your neighbour's dog has been in your garden? Are the neighbours usually in or out?

The reason I ask is that if there is no way to ID her and she comes into your garden again, you could call teh dog warden. Of course depending on where you live I suppose she may get rehomed after the 7 days or if in B'ham she'd be PTS, even if she so much as growled when in the kennel (so you'd have to be sure about that one).

Alternatively, do you have a relative or friend who could take her for you next time she vcomes over your side? Then she's away from your neighbours for good and can be rehomed without any comeback on you.

Of course, your neighbours would need to be out for the second one. If they were in and caused a fuss for the first option, would they not have to prove she was their dog? Without any collar or chip I don't see how they could do it.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 03:13 PM
Is it worth letting them know that she is in your garden but is very scared and does not want to go back and see what they say?
take it from there?
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi H

Is the dog a bit tubby or really obese? I know there have been a couple of cases when the RSPCA has intervened when the dog has been extremely overweight.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Thankyou for all your replies, it is the first time the dog has been in our garden n must have taken some doing. The neighbour is in most of the time. Because of the problems(he has), even thought he's pleasant enough with me, it wouldn't be good for there to be a situation between us, but i'm bl***y fuming. Someone else knows about it now and I can't be responsible for their actions(no one else apart from his mate and son really sees the dog, which makes it harder). Sorry if am being weak or selfish but don't want to put my own dog at risk(something thrown over the fence?)or make things worse for his dog(ie being leathered, until decide what's best to do)
Thanks for listening and helping
H.
eta the dog is more than a little tubby
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Sorry if am being weak or selfish but don't want to put my own dog at risk(something thrown over the fence?)or make things worse for his dog(ie being leathered, until decide what's best to do)
That is understandable H, some people are very abnormal in the way they behave
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 05:22 PM
I would be the same as you about neighbour as you have to live next door to them and they could make your life a misery if you did anything to really upset them. My heart does go out to that poor dog and it does make you wonder why they have a dog as obviously not enjoying it. Very very difficult situation and I have no idea what can be done as I am sure the RSPCA or Dog Warden would not want to know. Sorry I am being absolutely useless here but I do understand your predicament. xx
plantman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-06-2011, 05:52 PM
It does baffle you sometimes why some people have animals when they obviously care nothing for them. Perhaps it is just in the nature of bullies to have something captive to bully?

To have the creature put down would be the most satisfactory answer of course, (the owner that is, not the pooch)......
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 04:40 PM
It is baffling but I don't really know if this guy realises(cares about) or not what he's doing. I am going to look for a breed specific website and see if there's any print outs for advice on ownership and when see him again say "oh, i came across this and thought you might be interested"(or something to that effect)? Thanks once again
H.
betty48
New Member!
Female 

03-06-2011, 07:10 PM
i would nick it and find it a nicer home,bit drastic i know,but then would they get a replacement to treat bad
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >