Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:40 AM
fingers toes and paws crossed here for you
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Fingers crossed that they will let you reserve him.

We had Ted from the dogs trust and saw him on the Sunday but he hadn't been assessed they did that Monday morning and i went and walked him three times over the week and had the pre-adoption talk. Though we couldn't take him till the Saturday as they and we wanted my dad to meet him first. Hopefully if you speak to someone different they will let you reserve him.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 08:48 AM
I said that we couldnt take him home till the 20th.....thats why. Am just moving stuff into the new house but will be finished by then (have booked a van for bed/fridge etc on 19th).
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Everything crossed here for you...
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 05:49 PM
I honestly can't understand the attitude of the DT if they are not letting you rerserve the dog. It is not that long before you can take him and they can see that he would be going to a loving home. I would certainly keep on at them. Everything crossed here for you.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Oh do keep ringing them - it sounds as if you were unfortunate to deal with someone who was having a rather bad day.

Looking at where you live, I expect that it is the Evesham branch is it? This is where we brought our latest rescue home from, and we found them to be so accommodating and helpful. However, I do wonder if they are expecting an influx of dogs from Ireland or from elsewhere in this country, in which case they might be looking for hopeful earlier rehoming of your chosen dog, especially as he is already neutered. This is something that makes me wonder too, because unless he was already neutered when taken in he wouldn't be operated on until a definite home was arranged as I understand it. Perhaps he had been reserved once, then the prospective owners backed out or something.

Oh I don't know - am rambling a bit! I am just trying to understand why you cannot reserve this chap because it's not THAT long to 20th is it.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:18 PM
I rang and they said he was reserved earlier today!

Am going to leave it now until we are ready for the dog to move in, to save heart break again.

Stupid stupid me!
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh do keep ringing them - it sounds as if you were unfortunate to deal with someone who was having a rather bad day.

Looking at where you live, I expect that it is the Evesham branch is it? This is where we brought our latest rescue home from, and we found them to be so accommodating and helpful. However, I do wonder if they are expecting an influx of dogs from Ireland or from elsewhere in this country, in which case they might be looking for hopeful earlier rehoming of your chosen dog, especially as he is already neutered. This is something that makes me wonder too, because unless he was already neutered when taken in he wouldn't be operated on until a definite home was arranged as I understand it. Perhaps he had been reserved once, then the prospective owners backed out or something.

Oh I don't know - am rambling a bit! I am just trying to understand why you cannot reserve this chap because it's not THAT long to 20th is it.
Ooooh, interesting. And yes, it is Evesham. It says 'new' on his photo on the website..... the op must have been recent as his leg still has the wee shaven bit and he still has 2 empty sacks! Bless him!!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
Ooooh, interesting. And yes, it is Evesham. It says 'new' on his photo on the website..... the op must have been recent as his leg still has the wee shaven bit and he still has 2 empty sacks! Bless him!!
I am so sorry to read that you have lost this particular chap.......but hey, look at this way - he has gone to his forever home (and who knows, he might be a real little so and so!!!) so is fine, and now you can get out there and give another one a chance.

I do feel for you though, because it means having to go round all those cages again and that is heartbreaking. Even if you go down the website route first, you still seem to find yourself going around the whole kennels don't you!!

Chin up, and next time you go you will be well within the time scale for taking someone home with you.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by TeflonsShadow View Post
I rang and they said he was reserved earlier today!

Am going to leave it now until we are ready for the dog to move in, to save heart break again.

Stupid stupid me!
Sorry that you missed out on him

It was third time lucky for us , we found Ted on our third visit so fingers crossed that you'll soon find the one for you
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >