Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
If the slightly lower amount of meat and higher amount of grain worries you, you could always add extras like I do. Mine get a slice of Naturediet with every meal.
Which adds both meat and grain......................
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
If the slightly lower amount of meat and higher amount of grain worries you, you could always add extras like I do. Mine get a slice of Naturediet with every meal.
I do that now, well I use Natures Harvest usually or a tin of pilchards/sardines every so often...
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2011, 07:50 PM
I've been looking at http://www.simpsonspremium.com/sensitive-dog-food

Saw it at WELKS yesterday looks reasonable? (to feed our viz would be about £1 a day)

At the mo our Vizsla has field & trail duck and rice or salmon and rice and wainwrights wet food but the wet food is costing quite alot so I was thinking about giving less wet and more slighty better dry food.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Which particular one, they are all different.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Which particular one, they are all different.
If talking to me? Dunno was just looking and thought they looked quite good, chicken one (below) looks alright??

Ingredients:

Chicken (min 45% - Chicken Meal (min 21%) Fresh Chicken (min 20%) Chicken Fat (min 4%), Potato (min 26%), Beet Pulp, Brewers Yeast, Chicken Digest, Dried Egg, Salmon Oil, Minerals, Linseeds, Vitamins, Yucca Extract, Cranberries, Nucleotides, Mannanoligosaccharides (MOS), Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), Glucosamine, MSM, Chondroitin.

Naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols.

Analysis

Protein: 25% Oil: 14% Fibre: 3.5% Ash: 8%
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
I've been looking at http://www.simpsonspremium.com/sensitive-dog-food

Saw it at WELKS yesterday looks reasonable? (to feed our viz would be about £1 a day)

At the mo our Vizsla has field & trail duck and rice or salmon and rice and wainwrights wet food but the wet food is costing quite alot so I was thinking about giving less wet and more slighty better dry food.
They actually look really good... we couldn't have chicken cos of Jamie, but the duck or lamb would be good, thanks for the link!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by nddogs View Post
If talking to me? Dunno was just looking and thought they looked quite good, chicken one (below) looks alright??

Ingredients:

Chicken (min 45% - Chicken Meal (min 21%) Fresh Chicken (min 20%) Chicken Fat (min 4%), Potato (min 26%), Beet Pulp, Brewers Yeast, Chicken Digest, Dried Egg, Salmon Oil, Minerals, Linseeds, Vitamins, Yucca Extract, Cranberries, Nucleotides, Mannanoligosaccharides (MOS), Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), Glucosamine, MSM, Chondroitin.

Naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols.

Analysis

Protein: 25% Oil: 14% Fibre: 3.5% Ash: 8%
Yep that looks very good, chicken is the main single ingredient, oil is good quantity too.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Petticoat View Post
They actually look really good... we couldn't have chicken cos of Jamie, but the duck or lamb would be good, thanks for the link!
No problem.

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yep that looks very good, chicken is the main single ingredient, oil is good quantity too.
Thanks for the opinion
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Just looking at the Simpsons Premium food, it looks excellent, the first three ingredients are meat source and no grains in the sensitive, and its very reasonable priced, i may try it myself. I have a lurcher who has a very sensitive tummy and itchy skin, i have them on CSJ CP Xtra at the moment which is salmon based and gluten free but she is still itching, although no tummy problems. I was thinking of trying a grain free food to see if that improves but i can't stretch financially to some which are very expensive but this one is a good price i think especially as its grain free
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Wainwrights frOm PAH excellent food & very reasonable. Skinners (salmon) didnt agree with our 3 nor did the duck. First bag was okay of salmon then they got very itchy, changed to duck & same. At that point we changed over to Wainwrights & never looked back Of course different foods suit different dogs
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >