Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
It's a common reaction with the large or guarding breeds. I meet so many people that say their dog was attacked by a German Shepherd - I just wonder where all these vicious shepherds are

On the other hand you get some that absolutely adore the breed and proceed to give Tara a violent head rub It is a good job she is very good-natured and tolerant.
i get that alot about there dog was attacked by a gsd if they would just give her a chance they would see just how much of a sook she is
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Ah bless her, she is gorgeous it's a shame i live so far away Megan and Poppy would love to play ball, I have the same problem here no-one wants to socialize, I admit i am careful when we meet a new dog, Megan {newfie} is so gentle when she plays with small dogs, but people seem to think she going to hurt them because of her size and that is so far from the truth
Dieseldaft
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm just outside of Edinburgh (work in Edinburgh though) and I'm sure Diesel would love a pal!! He just loves other dogs any size or breed. If u fancy a meet up just let me know!! If in Edinburgh I usually take him to Cramond beach. Xxx
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
It's a common reaction with the large or guarding breeds. I meet so many people that say their dog was attacked by a German Shepherd - I just wonder where all these vicious shepherds are

On the other hand you get some that absolutely adore the breed and proceed to give Tara a violent head rub It is a good job she is very good-natured and tolerant.
Unfortunatly I seem to meet them
and I love GSD's if I find a calm one I love Mia getting the chance to meet one - but unfort they are few and far between round here - usualy either offlead and aggressive - or the type of owner who keeps them on really tight lead and just charges up right at Mia to walk past us

and im afraid if i can see Mia is about to freak out at the dog bearing down on her then I do pick her up - sorry big dog owners - its not about your dog its just trying to stop my dog having a panic attack
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dieseldaft View Post
I'm just outside of Edinburgh (work in Edinburgh though) and I'm sure Diesel would love a pal!! He just loves other dogs any size or breed. If u fancy a meet up just let me know!! If in Edinburgh I usually take him to Cramond beach. Xxx
that sounds just great thank you im actualy outside edinburgh too in musselburgh x
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Don't worry, I get the same.... and there is not one drop of GSD in Merlin.

When I get pedantic, so do they - and change their tune to "Well, dogs that LOOK like Alsatians/GSDs!"

Which when you think about it is ridiculous.... surely it is the behaviour that counts?
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Unfortunatly I seem to meet them
and I love GSD's if I find a calm one I love Mia getting the chance to meet one - but unfort they are few and far between round here - usualy either offlead and aggressive - or the type of owner who keeps them on really tight lead and just charges up right at Mia to walk past us

and im afraid if i can see Mia is about to freak out at the dog bearing down on her then I do pick her up - sorry big dog owners - its not about your dog its just trying to stop my dog having a panic attack
Ahh that's a shame
Dieseldaft
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2011, 09:40 PM
I stay in Livingston but would be happy to come through. I've heard Portobello beach is good to walk or Musselburgh links? X
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Dieseldaft View Post
I stay in Livingston but would be happy to come through. I've heard Portobello beach is good to walk or Musselburgh links? X
yeah there are alot of lovely walks in musselburgh if diesel likes a good splash there is a lovely couple of mile walk with a river running threw that is just 5 mins away from my house we should arrange something soon im shure kai would just love that
Dieseldaft
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2011, 09:53 PM
That sounds great Diesel loves the water lol! We will definitely need to meet up soon. Just so you know Diesel is a 2 year old collie cross. A big softy who loves nothing better than tearing around with some doggie pals!! Maybe next weekend depending on the weather? If not just whenever suits you! X
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »