Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2011, 07:06 PM
I'd make this a FUN time if it were me.

Oh great, THEY've gone, now what are we going to do?

Quick training session, (or long, depending on dog!), followed by lots of, "Oh, now they are gone we can..." cuddle, make the beds, dig the garden, just do stuff WE do.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
I'd make this a FUN time if it were me.

Oh great, THEY've gone, now what are we going to do?

Quick training session, (or long, depending on dog!), followed by lots of, "Oh, now they are gone we can..." cuddle, make the beds, dig the garden, just do stuff WE do.
Aww that sounds a very good idea... now thinking... stuff me and phil could do together that Phil would enjoy... Sleep... sleep... more sleep... biscuits... biscuits... more sleep...
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Biscuits and sleep it is then!
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2011, 11:56 AM
What about the puzzle boards, i can't remember their proper names but he basically just has to slide tiles around to unveil a treat. He won't need to bounce around or anything, he can even do it lieing down
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by HollyG1 View Post
What about the puzzle boards, i can't remember their proper names but he basically just has to slide tiles around to unveil a treat. He won't need to bounce around or anything, he can even do it lieing down
Ooh i'll have a look see if i can find one. Sounds like a good idea. The only issue i can imagine with that is a little lack of erm... how do i word this... erm... Philly is a sweetheart but he's not the sharpest tool in the box ....Paris will spend ages getting every last bit out of her kong, Phil gives up when it gets difficult, Paris can open doors, Phil stands and waits, Phil doesnt quite understand the idea of the flexi lead and walks next to you the whole time...
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
Ooh i'll have a look see if i can find one. Sounds like a good idea. The only issue i can imagine with that is a little lack of erm... how do i word this... erm... Philly is a sweetheart but he's not the sharpest tool in the box ....Paris will spend ages getting every last bit out of her kong, Phil gives up when it gets difficult, Paris can open doors, Phil stands and waits, Phil doesnt quite understand the idea of the flexi lead and walks next to you the whole time...
Oh bless him! there is a lot to be said for living life in blissful unawareness! Wish i could try it sometimes!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
Oh bless him! there is a lot to be said for living life in blissful unawareness! Wish i could try it sometimes!
Phillys world is a lovely world to live in Although Paris does take advantage of him occasionally. She'll pretend theres something exciting going on somewhere else to get him off his bed so she can have it
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
I'm sure his nose will help lol especially if you use his fave food or a strong smelling one (sprinkling garlic should help)
These are the sort that i was on about:
http://www.robinsons-uk.com/products...ornado&x=0&y=0
and
http://www.robinsons-uk.com/products...spinny&x=0&y=0
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2011, 06:51 PM
clicker train a head nod should take a while

Or down stays with lots of distractions
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2