Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Pepp View Post
I love chunky horses, they just look so cute in everything they do! And don't you think Shetties have the most cheeky personalities,every single one I have met has been a little monkey!
How do you keep Marilla so sparkly clean? Grass stains are the bane of my life

I just love the Natives, and as a novice horse owner am gaining sooo much confidence from my two, as they both have lovely temperaments. As you have said, Shetlands can be cheeky little so and sos (as can Highlands) but they aren't nasty with it - they just like to push their luck now and again

Marilla always seems to look lovely and clean on her front end, and has all the mud and grass stains on her back end She desperately needs her tail washed too, but we are lambing at the moment, so it will have to wait until mid May when I have a bit more spare time.

Do you have horses? Details? Pics?
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
That is great (about Dusty, not your connection!). Glad to hear she is now officially yours. Is Sam enjoying riding her? I don't think Ben is all that bothered about riding at the moment ... well not the ponies anyway ... ...

But he can always change his mind. We are considering finding a Sec B or similar for Wills now that he has outgrown Strom, but not sure I want the responsibility for three.
lol, he certainly looks happy in the saddle lol.

Sam loves riding Dusty. He hasn't been on her all that much recently as we've both been busy with work and I always like Rob to be there so he can lead and I can hold onto Sam. He's off next week so he should get a few chances then. Sam loves doing everything for her though, apart from mucking out but he does come down with me when I do it. I'm not pushing him to do it at this stage as I don't want to put him off. He LOVES picking her poo up in the paddock though!

Good that Wills is so keen. I'm sure an extra one won't be much hassle and Will's is old enough to take most of the responsibility.

Helen
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2011, 09:08 PM
They look great, cleaner than ours atm anyway. We have a river at the bottom of the field, but they still find the mud
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2011, 09:16 PM
lovely looking ponies, my 2 nf ponies are still quite hairy monsters
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
lol, he certainly looks happy in the saddle lol.

Sam loves riding Dusty. He hasn't been on her all that much recently as we've both been busy with work and I always like Rob to be there so he can lead and I can hold onto Sam. He's off next week so he should get a few chances then. Sam loves doing everything for her though, apart from mucking out but he does come down with me when I do it. I'm not pushing him to do it at this stage as I don't want to put him off. He LOVES picking her poo up in the paddock though!

Good that Wills is so keen. I'm sure an extra one won't be much hassle and Will's is old enough to take most of the responsibility.

Helen
I agree with not pushing them to do things they aren't happy with, otherwise you could just sicken them. Ben talks alot about riding and does enjoy coming over to see the ponies but shows no interest in getting on. It will probably come when he sees Wills and I riding out.

Wills is keen to have a new pony, but I don't think he will be so keen on the responsibility, so it would end up with me having to look after three, which I am not wanting to do at the moment. I am also contemplating moving mine over this side of the reservoir just a short walk from our house, and putting all four ponies (Helen's and mine) together, so don't want another one for that reason too. Will see how things go.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
They look great, cleaner than ours atm anyway. We have a river at the bottom of the field, but they still find the mud
We have a small burn that runs between the field and the hill where mine are, so that at least keeps some of the mud off their hooves. Are yours shod Steph?

Originally Posted by angied View Post
lovely looking ponies, my 2 nf ponies are still quite hairy monsters
Thanks Angie. You will have to get some before and after pics
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Gorgeous horses.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Gorgeous horses.
Thank you Chaz
Pepp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I just love the Natives, and as a novice horse owner am gaining sooo much confidence from my two, as they both have lovely temperaments. As you have said, Shetlands can be cheeky little so and sos (as can Highlands) but they aren't nasty with it - they just like to push their luck now and again

Marilla always seems to look lovely and clean on her front end, and has all the mud and grass stains on her back end She desperately needs her tail washed too, but we are lambing at the moment, so it will have to wait until mid May when I have a bit more spare time.

Do you have horses? Details? Pics?
At the moment I am just doing some occasional days with my friends horse, but I did used to have a piebald 15.2hh Welsh D X Thoroughbred who I shared with my mum financially and duties-wise.
Unfortunately, my mum found out she had breast cancer. She tried to keep on helping out but the chemotherapy kills your immune system and she ended up quite poorly. She also went down to half pay at work and because I only work part-time we had to give her up
I miss her like mad but I have been to see her and she's a happy horsey.
Here she is :

And this is her give me a carrott face:
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2011, 09:50 AM
She's gorgeous.

Sorry to hear about your mum.

Helen
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >