Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by nemosmummy
aww no poor benji ,, sorry he is under the weather again hun,, poor baby
maybe it is his anal glands, i think bonnie may need hers emptying too,, yuk,, will have to get in touch with the vet.
let us know how benji gets on at the vet tonight,, bonnie sends him bug (((((((hugs)))))))) and kisses :smt008

kimberley x x x

Hi Kimberley,

How often does Bonnie need her anal glands emptying, is it quite frequent? I think it was about 4 months ago that Benji had his emptied although they wasn't as full as we thought at the time. I will let you know what the vet says (thats if I don't get the spanish one because I can't understand a lot of what he says )
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Foxy what did the vet say was wrong?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by ZoeH
Foxy what did the vet say was wrong?

Hi Zoe,

Was meant to be posting about an hour ago but got waylaid on all the other threads

Well he agreed that it was probably his anal glands and emptied them and I asked about the cyclosporin tablets and he agreed that they would be better than steroids for him, so he has prescribed some atopicia (think it is another name for it) which he has to have one a day for ten days and then we have to go back to see how he is doing. He said that they might make him sick but if he keeps being sick he will have to come off them. We won't be able to get them until tomorrow because they have to order them They are very expensive tablets though and are £28 for 10 but I have seen them on the internet for £13.81 but you have to have a vets prescription before they will sell them to you.

He weighed Benji (well one of the nurses did) and he weighed 10.1 kilograms (which is definitely overweight for a Bichon ) but when I asked if he was overweight he said no he doesn't look it at all and must just be a big Bichon
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Thats good news then nothing serious! but wow the tablets are expensive everytime i go to the vets with the bunnies i end up paying £30-£40 a time! it soon adds up expecially with tablets that are required all the time!what a rip off! hopefully these tablets will work for the little fella.
Well Benji does not look over weight to me just right but like you say maybe he is just a big bichon glad everything was ok even if you did come out with empty pockets
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by ZoeH
Thats good news then nothing serious! but wow the tablets are expensive everytime i go to the vets with the bunnies i end up paying £30-£40 a time! it soon adds up expecially with tablets that are required all the time!what a rip off! hopefully these tablets will work for the little fella.
Well Benji does not look over weight to me just right but like you say maybe he is just a big bichon glad everything was ok even if you did come out with empty pockets

Yes we will have to live on bread and water for the rest of the week now I could always send my son out busking with his guitar I suppose They would probably pay him lots to go away
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Yes we will have to live on bread and water for the rest of the week now I could always send my son out busking with his guitar I suppose They would probably pay him lots to go away
Lol!! worth a shot tell him you will be him drum player!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2