View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-04-2011, 08:59 AM
My lot bring me their things all the time whether I want them or not but Rio happily puts all the toys back in the toy box when told.
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 11:27 AM
i just said to my 2 go get your toy (there is at least 5 scattered around the livingroom) and they just looked at me, and then i got jumped on, so i guess that answers your question
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Tigger doesnt understand the concept of bringing anything to you in his mouth but I have taught Skye to pick certain toys and things up and put them in my hand. When I had knee surgery last year I couldnt bend down to play with her and her toys so i taught her to put them in my hand while I was standing. It has proved so useful !!
DDoglover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2011, 12:06 PM
No, My GSP just retrieves her toys.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Tess will fetch my shoes for me one at a time. She will also look for them in a specific room if I send her to it. This was trained totally by fluke as at the time I did not have the first clue about how to formally train anything.

I was in the bath once and had forgotten to bring the towel in. I asked Tess to fetch the towel and sent her into the bedroom. She did not return and I thought it was a bit optimistic asking her. I peeked out the bathroom door into the bedroom and Tess was pulling on the corner of the towel which was draped over the linen basket. Each time she tugged the towel the linen basket wobbled and she let go. Bless her.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Being partly a retriever Flynn loves to carry things around in his mouth. He normally greets me with either a toy or the cushion from his bed in his mouth but anything will do. If slippers are left lying around then he has a tendency to carry them about and deposit them somewhere obscure. My Mum has given up looking for them so just gets Flynn to find them again!

I once, unbeknowingly, dropped my gloves out of my pocket. I only realised when Flynn picked them up and brought them to me. It's quite useful at times!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Tom will fetch the post but it is always slightly damaged and he will also fetch shoes but never a pair ! Bella will only fetch food and nothing but food and only if she can eat it !
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
The only thing mine fetches is his toys, for me to play with him

Did you train your dog to fetch things Lou?
Thanks everyone for replying

Not really, he used to pinch my slipper to chew on it, so everytime he did I'd ask him to give me the slipper, he must've just got used to the word slipper Cause now he brings them to us all when we ask

The paper, he used to try and chew it up as soon as it came through the door, so I'd wait for it to drop through, then roll it for him and I'd tell him to take it to Dad (Dad was then waiting for him with a treat)......After a few goes he was bringing the paper to us for his treat xx
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Mine don't fetch me anything

Only once did this happen and it was rather funny! I came home from a morning at work and Cherry met me in the hall as usual. I don't know why I said it but I said to her "Fetch me a present Cherry" and she took off into the lounge and came back with a .............PEACH STONE! and dropped it at my feet!

I had stupidly left a punnet of peaches in the fruit bowl on the coffee table and they had scoffed the lot, stones and all apart from the one Cherry bought me.

Never made that mistake again, the only fruit I leave in the bowl are bananas (they don't like them) and satsumas (their favourite but can't peel them!).
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2011, 08:50 PM
I have enough trouble getting Ted to bring his ball back let alone anything else I'm trying to teach him to fetch his lead at the moment but its slow progress
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >