View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Bleeding from the mouth could be internal injuries or just an injured mouth...... either way, not nice and potentially fatal.

Hope all is well...... not a nice thing to witness at all...
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Bleeding from the mouth could be internal injuries ..... and potentially fatal.
To be honest this is the first thing I thought when I saw
But you never know.

Dad was telling me today that one of his dogs he had when he was a teenager fell off a side of the quarry and the vet said he wouldn't make the night, yet he went to live on another 13 years or so! I hope that pup is as lucky.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh no, poor little puppy, I do hope he's going to be ok Must have been awful for you and the owner. This is the only reason I use a half check collar, I've seen most of my dogs back out of a normal one, so I don't take the risk anymore. I hope you manage to find out if he's going to be ok and let us know.
One reason my dogs wear them now.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Poor pup, hopefully it will be a lucky one, Honey got, well she hit a car when she was younger, thankfully she was allright after having a bit of a limp, and got up straight away and walked over to me with a wagging tail, I still don't know how she managed that, it must of only been because the car was conering, but she had been able to open the front door, jump a fence, and then tried to jump a moving car to get to where I was the other side, the sound of them hitting cars is awful isn't it.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 11:23 AM
I have ordered alfie a half check collar now and will see how it goes. Although he has never got out of a collar, definitely better safe than sorry!

The bang was so loud
Really hope it is okay.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 03:06 PM
UPDATE

I saw the man in the park today.... with the pup
Was so pleased to see them - apparently he had had a lucky escape!

What I wasn't overly happy with was the behaviour of the dog....

Alfie was off lead playing with a "friend" so i walked over to the guy but stopped a bit away - like 6 feet - as it would be weird walking up to someone and being in their face.. and just walked, didn't run or anything, and the poor dog was acting TERRIFIED and was jumping back and spinning round and tail was sooo far between it's legs etc... then alfie wandered over (he was tired so was fairly slow too) and it freaked about him too... so I told alfie to leave him and come over, which he did, and I crouched down and it sat, but when the man went to move it freaked again.

The guy said he had never done that before, and I have no reason not to believe him, but I just get the feeling he had.... as he wasn't like "whats up? why are you doing this?" it was more of a slightly frustrated "oh stop it" and then said he was just going to take him home.....

Poor pup is only 7 months old, I really hope he gets someone in to help him help the dog.
The last time I met him (before the accident) he said to me that "we have had one of these before, and you can only train them so far as they are fairly untrainable"
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
UPDATE

I saw the man in the park today.... with the pup
Was so pleased to see them - apparently he had had a lucky escape!

What I wasn't overly happy with was the behaviour of the dog....

Alfie was off lead playing with a "friend" so i walked over to the guy but stopped a bit away - like 6 feet - as it would be weird walking up to someone and being in their face.. and just walked, didn't run or anything, and the poor dog was acting TERRIFIED and was jumping back and spinning round and tail was sooo far between it's legs etc... then alfie wandered over (he was tired so was fairly slow too) and it freaked about him too... so I told alfie to leave him and come over, which he did, and I crouched down and it sat, but when the man went to move it freaked again.

The guy said he had never done that before, and I have no reason not to believe him, but I just get the feeling he had.... as he wasn't like "whats up? why are you doing this?" it was more of a slightly frustrated "oh stop it" and then said he was just going to take him home.....

Poor pup is only 7 months old, I really hope he gets someone in to help him help the dog.
The last time I met him (before the accident) he said to me that "we have had one of these before, and you can only train them so far as they are fairly untrainable"
Well i think I am glad the pup survived, but it doesnt sound like the owner is the right one for her, hopefully time will prove this wrong, but he sounds half defeated by the sounds of it that is stopping much more than mere acceptance of any thing the dog does!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2