View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Been watching the AEIE talk again this afternoon (got addicted now lol!), and it transpires, that this particular Japanese company have been found out to have reported "false" readings in the past concerning the output levels. If this has only come to light because of what has just happened over there, I wonder if it's under regulated anywhere in other nuclear plants, even our own One Japanese banker said he's going to buy his own giegercounter for future reference, at least he'll know what he IS breathing in wherever he goes won't he

Yep,, I've definitely made my mind up now, too much toxicity in the air we breathe, the dogs have to share it too, let alone the unknown levels of nuclear fallout travelling around in the atmosphere all over the world, and why is there a speculated "safe" level?? If this is known to cause cancer and cancer alone, then why the heck is there a "level" anyway - surely it should be "0" which it WAS many years ago!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yep,, I've definitely made my mind up now, too much toxicity in the air we breathe, the dogs have to share it too, let alone the unknown levels of nuclear fallout travelling around in the atmosphere all over the world, and why is there a speculated "safe" level?? If this is known to cause cancer and cancer alone, then why the heck is there a "level" anyway - surely it should be "0" which it WAS many years ago!
But then why do some people get it, and some people dont? We all breathe the same air....!

As someone who has cancer, and has a lot of friends who have cancer....I'd say it's just faulty immune systems - surely me getting a 'new' immune system from Shelley proves that!
My immune system sees the cancer as 'normal' cells and lets them 'live' and multiply, whereas someone healthy - their immune system sees cancer cells as 'bad', so kills them.

For example, Teagan has always had health problems, she had demodex as a puppy, and has various lumps and bumps removed - this says to me her immune system hasn't been working properly.

I know a LOT of people who have changed their diet, eating only certain foods that are said to have cancer helping properties, or only organic, or cutting out certain foods (e.g red meat) and you know what.......nothing changed. Their cancer didn't get any better etc.

So....yeah
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 05:04 PM
But there is background radiation in everything, nothing to do with nuclear stuff - that's what the 'safe' level is. The sun is radioactive!

Everyone is exposed to some radiation all the time, it's just that things like nuclear fission which use different elements, and therefore create different radiation, or higher levels of it; that's not safe.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
But there is background radiation in everything, nothing to do with nuclear stuff - that's what the 'safe' level is. The sun is radioactive!

Everyone is exposed to some radiation all the time, it's just that things like nuclear fission which use different elements, and therefore create different radiation, or higher levels of it; that's not safe.
Just been thinking..........they use radiation to get rid of cancer........
I don't just mean radiotherapy.....
I had radioimmunotherapy, and my radiation level was 113 (normal is 0), and that didn't do any lasting damage!

TBH, I think it's something we will never know the answer to!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
But then why do some people get it, and some people dont? We all breathe the same air....!

As someone who has cancer, and has a lot of friends who have cancer....I'd say it's just faulty immune systems - surely me getting a 'new' immune system from Shelley proves that!

So how can one of my dogs who has NO immune system left to speak of (or so the vets tell me), who's more than getting on in years at 13 and yet he has not got, nor has had cancer then???

My immune system is also extremely compromised in that I am borderline lupus, and yet, why haven't I got it, whereas say 10 of my friends have??!!

My immune system sees the cancer as 'normal' cells and lets them 'live' and multiply, whereas someone healthy - their immune system sees cancer cells as 'bad', so kills them.

For example, Teagan has always had health problems, she had demodex as a puppy, and has various lumps and bumps removed - this says to me her immune system hasn't been working properly.

I know a LOT of people who have changed their diet, eating only certain foods that are said to have cancer helping properties, or only organic, or cutting out certain foods (e.g red meat) and you know what.......nothing changed. Their cancer didn't get any better etc.

So....yeah
The reason some people do and some people/dogs don't is the fact that, yes, there's probably an element of immunity inherited, same as there is that liklihood also inherited, but what I'm saying is, if you take a bunch of people (like the whole world), then as happened years ago, there would ONLY be a certain percentage of people contracting cancers due to the reasons you (and I) have stated above. However, once you start putting other risks into the mix., i.e. not only immunity etc. but the food we eat, the air we breathe, then it stands to reason that the percentage is going to go sky high, just like it is now imo!

There is also a small element of "luck" with all this I'm sure of it. I've known people chain smoke and yet live well into their 80's without getting cancer, and they're just the lucky ones (like I hope I am along with old George!)
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 08:25 PM
The reason some people do and some people/dogs don't is the fact that, yes, there's probably an element of immunity inherited, same as there is that liklihood also inherited, but what I'm saying is, if you take a bunch of people (like the whole world), then as happened years ago, there would ONLY be a certain percentage of people contracting cancers due to the reasons you (and I) have stated above. However, once you start putting other risks into the mix., i.e. not only immunity etc. but the food we eat, the air we breathe, then it stands to reason that the percentage is going to go sky high, just like it is now imo!

There is also a small element of "luck" with all this I'm sure of it. I've known people chain smoke and yet live well into their 80's without getting cancer, and they're just the lucky ones (like I hope I am along with old George!)
It won't let me quote the bit you wrote in my quote....
But I think it depends 'how' the immune system is faulty, for example some people have allergies, some people have hayfever, and some of us have cancer!
Just the same way some people are born with birth defects/defects in their DNA etc.

It's def nothing i've ever eaten thats given it to me (always eaten healthy, eaten the same as the rest of my immediate family), never drank alcohol, never smoked etc.

Agree it's def some 'luck' in there.....im not one of them!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2