View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 12:26 PM
I was going to suggest Prize choice mince - or even cheap mince from the supermarket.
I used to cook mince to pour over their kibble before I switched to raw feeding.

eta sometimes it`s not the food. It could be the bowl or the place or the proximity of another dog or a person.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Thankyou everyone.
I don't think its to do with her health as otherwise she wouldn't eat a Bonio or tripe or my cheese sandwich she stole off the worktop while I went to the loo today.
She is just being fussy. Her teeth are not great but they are also not that bad and she will be having them done when she is spayed in a couple of months, but vet doesn't think they are causing her a problem.
She won't eat Wainwrights trays, well she licked at it then walked off. I hadn't thought about it being the bowl so I will try her with another bowl in a different stand tonight and see if that makes a difference. Kyiro I shut in a different room so she is not worried by him, she likes me in her sight as if I move out of sight she will come shooting through to be near me so i am staying close by but not on top of her.
I do wonder if perhaps the antibiotics are making certain foods have a funny taste, bit of a longshot i know and I've never had a dog affected by them before.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Is she still on antibiotics - they can cause nausea, I know I've gone on and off food when on a course of antibiotics. Some probiotics might help settle her tum a bit.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Is she still on antibiotics - they can cause nausea, I know I've gone on and off food when on a course of antibiotics. Some probiotics might help settle her tum a bit.
Yes they can cause stomach upset, some more than others n probiotics usually help too. If she likes cheese could you make a bit of cheese sauce with low fat cheese n gluten free flour to mix a little in with her food(sorry if daft idea, but just a thought). Hope her appetite picks up soon.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 05:37 PM
antibiotics strip the gut of good flora so you may want to give her a small tub of live yoghurt a day or some probiotic capsules; the latter are better value than the drinks and are more potent; get ones that do not need refrigeration and that have at least two different types of bacilli.

Healthspan do a superb one with 25 billion bacteria! they are enterically coated to ensure they cope with stomach acid and reach the gut.

You can maximise their potency by giving prebiotics such as a ripe banana with it.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Just a suggestion really.....warm water mixed through the dry food?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Her food is soaked with warm water anyway, although I have now tried it dry as well with no success. Greyhounds always have thier food soaked in kennels.
I have tried tonight giving her food a good soak in the fat from the chicken I cooked, but ahe ate her tripe then licked the biscuits and walked off.

She has now just gone and eaten and I mean eaten not just ripped up a complete end off a plastic doggy christmas cracker. Just found her eating it and there is not a crumb of that on the floor so its all gone in.
Letsjust hope she passes it and doesn't end up in the vets.
kirsty1978
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2011, 07:55 PM
how about a tin of sardines in oil? i put salmon oil on my dogs evening meals and they woof it down
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Have you tried just plain white steamed fish?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 08:16 PM
If a vet check shows up nothing I would suggest giving her B Sorb it stimulates appetite as well as containing all the vitamins etc that are essential. I always have it in & use a syringe to give it
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >