View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:50 PM
I don't care which breed wins as long as it's not either a Kerry Blue or something "unhealthy" looking like a Bulldog etc which I very much doubt it would be.

Don't want a Kerry to win as last time this happened in year 2000 "Mick" CH Torum Scarf Michael I think his name was, went on to campaign in USA and lots of puppy mills got hold of the breed and condemned them to a living hell of being shut up in a crate 24/7, not groomed and fed slops. Don't want to see that happen again thanks.

Also don't like the surge in popularity that often happens for the breed of best in show. Anyone else noticed you see a lot more Hungarian Vizlas around in the last year than previously?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Well in that case, Walkon (Boxer)
Which Walkon do you think has a chance?
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Anyone else noticed you see a lot more Hungarian Vizlas around in the last year than previously?
Oddly enough - no! The ones I see are adults...... not puppies but about 5 years ago where I used to live there were quite a lot of Viszla pups around then.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Which Walkon do you think has a chance?
^^
what she said ....
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
It will not b Nora as judge plays ball with someone else lol. I say Dalmation
ooh I so can not wait to see how things pan out!! If she does well in the breed classes, then I have no doubt she has a running for the group and best in show.. Lets see how she does in her classes shall we!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Who is the BIS judge?
It may not be correct.... but I heard it's the same guy who judged BIS at Westminster last month? Yay or nay?

If yay, then look out for a more traditional breed being put up - it is said he awarded BIS at Westminster to the Deerhound because it fitted exactly the breed standard of 150 years ago.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Oddly enough - no! The ones I see are adults...... not puppies but about 5 years ago where I used to live there were quite a lot of Viszla pups around then.
I'd agree with this. Oscar is a Wirehaired Vizsla and only one person in the last year has correctly guessed Vizsla, and believe me lots of people have a go! I don't think Joe Public pays much attention to which breed wins Crufts tbh!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I don't think Joe Public pays much attention to which breed wins Crufts tbh!
Ohh I do, hence you always see a rise in puppies for sale of certain breeds ect.. Breeds become more popular!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Ohh I do, hence you always see a rise in puppies for sale of certain breeds ect.. Breeds become more popular!
Nah I don't think the majority of people care, if people were aware of who won Crufts then I would expect more than one person out of more than 100 to get Oscar's breed right or even close. As it happens 99% of people haven't got a clue!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Nah I don't think the majority of people care, if people were aware of who won Crufts then I would expect more than one person out of more than 100 to get Oscar's breed right or even close. As it happens 99% of people haven't got a clue!
I do feel that it can affect the rise in puppies bred and brought, not only crufts but other big shows.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »