Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Bubba Gump shrimp..
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 04:32 PM
I may get a rescue greyhound one day and definitely going to call her Florrie (that's if it is a girl )
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Kiba was named for a character in an anime called Wolf's Rain. The character is a white wolf with yellow eyes and lucky enough Kiba does resemble his counterpart quite well his name means Fang and his registered name is Honiahaka Kiba oyobi Tsume (Fang and Claw).

When we were thinking up puppy names I had a huuuuge list which I gave to the OH and he threw out the ones he didn't like. So we ended up with 'Kiba' for a white pup or 'Akela' for a grey pup - Akela being the leader of the wolf pack in Rudyard Kipling's 'Jungle book'.

For my next pup I originally wanted a girl whom I was going to call Kami, meaning Spirit and her registered name would have been Okami no Kami (Spirit of the Wolf).

We've now decided that it would be better for us to have a male pup and again went through a big list of names. Ending up with Yōkai which means 'Demon'. I am not sure yet what his registered name will be. Possibly Yōkai no Tsume (The Demon's Claws).

Other names that made the list were:
Taiyo (Sun)
Kaze (Wind)
Tamashi (Soul)
Yami (Darkness)
Tsume (Claw)
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:01 PM
I was going to use the name Kiba for Cain Other Japanese names I like are Yuki (snow), Sakura (cherry blossom - but it's a bit too long) and Momo (peach - a cute name for a little Ginger Shiba Inu!).

I think Hex would be a great name for a GSD or BSD. I also like Lukas and Rothan. I also like Casper, Dexter and Tohru but I have already used these for pet rats but I might re-use one for a dog one day as I really like them.

I'd like a female Toller called Ember or Amba.

I thought of a great dog name the other day, I read it and thought "I must remember that" but I've forgotten it and it's driving me mad trying to remember
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:06 PM
I will one day add Bridget the Fidget and Hagar the Horrible to the mob
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:14 PM
ive always wanted a boy dog named spyda, my next dog will be named that.

i like the name cabbage too

i really like names that arent common, i like the name bruce and id love a dog called archie.
i want a pug called otis, and a alaskan malamute called logan.

girls names take me a while to think of. i like the name lulah. but i do think it depends on the dogs personalities when you meet them. for instance daphni has always been a daphni, from when i saw her at 2 days old... but asbo was called bambi for about a week, then i realised that bambi was far too innocent for a dog like asbo
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't really believe in picking names before you see the dog. When I saw Louie, it was a choice before Louie and Jake. When I went to get his tag engraved, it was Louie that was put on it.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I was going to use the name Kiba for Cain Other Japanese names I like are Yuki (snow), Sakura (cherry blossom - but it's a bit too long) and Momo (peach - a cute name for a little Ginger Shiba Inu!).

I think Hex would be a great name for a GSD or BSD. I also like Lukas and Rothan. I also like Casper, Dexter and Tohru but I have already used these for pet rats but I might re-use one for a dog one day as I really like them.

I'd like a female Toller called Ember or Amba.

I thought of a great dog name the other day, I read it and thought "I must remember that" but I've forgotten it and it's driving me mad trying to remember
im stealing momo for a cute little fawn pug girly!!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:26 PM
anything I can end in "Mint"
Pepper Mint
Dickie Mint
Trebor Mint

can't think of any more & calling a dog After Dinner Mint just wouldn't be fair
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
im stealing momo for a cute little fawn pug girly!!
Awwww that would be super cute!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >