Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I can't seem to part with mine, even though it has thus so far cost me double what I paid for it in repairs.
I hear you on that one - our main car's a big Astra Estate (with effectively no boot since it's dogged up) and in the last year it's had its entire front brake system rebuilt because they'd completely siezed, and then failed it's MOT pretty spectacularly - it's cost well over a grand in the last 12 months in repair bills - I told the garage that no offence but I'd rather not see them again for a good few months!

This one's horrible to drive but failed its MOT good and proper and my mum paid for all the work needing doing on the rollerskate so hopefully it should keep going for a while longer!

Looks even funnier if you factor in a 6 foot 7 husband unfolding himself out of the passenger seat at the destination too.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Haha "husband unfolding himself!!!"

We took an Akita and lots of luggage up to Scotland many times in my old saxo! And here's an Akita in a mini!

Haha! He wasn't meant to be there, just climbed in (then wouldn't get out!) The towel was there ready to lay some big climber plants on I was going to take through to my mums, must have thought it was for him!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Awww bless - mine likes to sit behind the steering wheel if possible (hence us buying the dog bars for the main car)! Have come back from the loos in motorway service areas - having left dog in charge of man to water and wee... to find dog sat chilling in the front passenger seat and bloke stood there with a bowl of water and a totally uninterested dog!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Inherited a second car (cos hubby's nicked mine due to work promoting him out of the city centre site) and it's like the world's worst Micra. Being one of the dodgem/bubble style ones - you can't get car bars in the boot easily for the dog, and it would be a bit of a squeeze anyway - so got a seatbelt fastener for his harness and headed out, dog on back seat, firmly belted in, sat dead central looking out of the front window (because he might just miss something if he blinks).

The looks I've just got! From people doing a double-take that it's actually a dog sat there and laughing, to the tutt-tutt unsecured dog in the back crowd - yes, it's a dog belted into a purple rollerskate car - deal with it!
That did conjure up a lovely picture I should buy the dog a cap to complete the look
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2011, 05:57 PM
hahahaha! All this puts me in mind of passing my Uncle James (a good 6ft 3) driving a weeny wee Mini-estate (remember them!) and he was sitting in the drivers seat with his head on one side cause he couldn't sit up straight!

SOOOOO funny!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2