Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kilos'-'Serenity
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-02-2011, 06:48 PM
My Kilo can be the same.

Sometimes he see's us putting our shoes on and he's up and ready after a nice stretch, which Ash often mistakes for a play bow and dives on him lol.

Other times he see's us putting our shoes on, and he'll put his head back down, sometimes changing position so he's looking away from us, as if to say
'not now, I can't be bothered'
and he'll refuse to get off his bed.

What stubborn spotty Staffys we have
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Kilos'-'Serenity View Post
My Kilo can be the same.

Sometimes he see's us putting our shoes on and he's up and ready after a nice stretch, which Ash often mistakes for a play bow and dives on him lol.

Other times he see's us putting our shoes on, and he'll put his head back down, sometimes changing position so he's looking away from us, as if to say
'not now, I can't be bothered'
and he'll refuse to get off his bed.

What stubborn spotty Staffys we have
LOL. They certainly are! Stubborn fool of a dog!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 08:21 PM
i was kind of laughing reading first few posts of people genuinely concerned that he might be ill.

Until you have experienced the staffy mentality of not going out in questionable weather or just if they dont feel like it, people might think there dogs are ill...

Staffies are hilarious, lazy beasts !!

Bruno doesnt do rain, damp, slightly windy, and sometimes too hot weather.....its a real shame we live in scotland !!!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i was kind of laughing reading first few posts of people genuinely concerned that he might be ill.

Until you have experienced the staffy mentality of not going out in questionable weather or just if they dont feel like it, people might think there dogs are ill...

Bruno doesnt do rain, damp, slightly windy, and sometimes too hot weather.....its a real shame we live in scotland !!!!
I know, Dougal is not the athletic type...hopefully as time goes on he will become more athletic.
shaunclemens
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post

this is something i dont understand to be honest as ive never had a staffy but all dogs i grew up with have loved walks. as soon as you open the cupboard were the lead is (getting lead or just a glass) the dogs have always been out like a shot. i grew up with spaniels though.

allways love exercise

shaun
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by shaunclemens View Post
this is something i dont understand to be honest as ive never had a staffy but all dogs i grew up with have loved walks. as soon as you open the cupboard were the lead is (getting lead or just a glass) the dogs have always been out like a shot. i grew up with spaniels though.

allways love exercise

shaun
My dog will get excited about going for a walk but once he gets outside and discovers rain wind or unfavourable(to him) weather then he will just stop in his tracks and start backtracking into the house. He won't go out to pee in the rain and had been known Tk wait over 12 hrs before going for a wee!!! It's truly pathetic and I would say 3/4 of the Staffies I know are exactly the same!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 09:31 AM
I do love his funny stories - I'm still giggling about the fireplace!
shaunclemens
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-02-2011, 09:34 AM
thats mad that waiting so long to go the toilet. my mums king charles refused to go out in the snow couple of months back but just shovelled it all to the side and she was ok.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 07:14 PM
See I was always the same before, when I was growing up all the dogs we had would go bananas if you showed them a lead or said the 'Wu' word...with my BC I actually ended up having to spell it out when telling OH where I was going or I'd have a bouncing BC bounding round the hall like a demented power ball..

Dougal...he gives it 'meh' and shrugs if it's raining out, just so weird. I haven't had a chance to go running since the other day so I don't know what he'll be like. Sunday is the next time I'm going to get a chance to go. Tomorrow is Davie's birthday so going to be busy!
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-02-2011, 08:15 PM
I am too, the owner of a rather picky madam SBT, being a dog walker im out in all elements and will the cowbag come with me if its raining? will she heck... lol.

She looks at me as if to say ' But im just soooooo comfy and sleepy mum, you dont have the heart to turf me out in the wet and wind'

Shes also waited almost 12 hours for a pee when its been horrible.... normaly i put her on her lead and stand in the garden in my pjs and coat with her in her fleece and coat till she goes lol

Im not really sure who owns who to be honest...
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >