Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Jal Beagle opened the oven and removed a steak pie

Chuck Boxer removed a cake of soap from bath and ate half before I could retrieve it.

Zymi Destroyer has eaten several shoes, numerous pairs of tights, part of the leg of a pair of trousers and a piece out of a brand new nightie while I was making the bed and Mum was in the room too
Opening the oven is a good one!

rune
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2011, 12:10 PM
A whole box of chocolates (Thorntons, may I add. I'm not sure what was more likely to harm him, the chocolates or me!)

Socks are the worst, but I'm sure that if it will fit in his mouth its not safe from being swallowed, nightmare!

The other day we walked past a man washing his car, he had left his sponge next to the bucket of water. As we walked past Dutch picked up the sponge and legged it! Luckily being onlead he didnt get far, and even luckier the man just thought it was funny
Sponge and man were soon reunited. Although I'm quite sure the sponge went straight into the bin.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Selkie is the most amazing 'eater of things' I, or my vet have ever known... I have never caught her eating anything, she s a sneak thief. But picked up from out the other end have come some very bizarre items indeed including socks, a whole sainsburies carrier bag and a power ranger (I don't and never have owned a power ranger no idea where it came from)...

But the best one has to be when a friend was dog sitting for her while I was away for the weekend (Back when I had only Selkie). I had dropped her off in the morning to my friend's house... By about 7 that evening I had a frantic phone call... Selkie was in the vets, but she didn't want to worry me... Selkie had 'eaten something'. As Selkie was quite the eater, I wasn't too worried, but then.. she was in the vet... "What sort of thing" I asked.. "Like a phone?" She said ... "She ate your phone? what are you ringing me on?" .. "NO not my phone, but like a phone, like a mobile phone." "Oh... er, did she eat the batteries?".... " No there are batteries and the metally bit is left.." "Metally bit? like the screen? Did she eat the glass?" "Its more rubber than plastic, there is no glass.." "What sort of mobile phone is this (remember this is 10 years ago)"

Well.... turns out.. it wasn't a moble phone at all... Selkie had got into my friends 'naughty box' under her bed and eaten... er... her battery powered little friend ... My poor friend had already taken her over to the vets and had to try to explain what she had eaten... The vet had given a laxative and told her to wait and see... I was still picking up pink sparkly poo for days
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
OK you win, that's NASTY!
It was, funny thing was, no-one ever noticed if the bag actually came back out again
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post

Well.... turns out.. it wasn't a moble phone at all... Selkie had got into my friends 'naughty box' under her bed and eaten... er... her battery powered little friend ... My poor friend had already taken her over to the vets and had to try to explain what she had eaten... The vet had given a laxative and told her to wait and see... I was still picking up pink sparkly poo for days

Ha haaaa - that is hilarious, so funny
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Selkie is the most amazing 'eater of things' I, or my vet have ever known... I have never caught her eating anything, she s a sneak thief. But picked up from out the other end have come some very bizarre items indeed including socks, a whole sainsburies carrier bag and a power ranger (I don't and never have owned a power ranger no idea where it came from)...

But the best one has to be when a friend was dog sitting for her while I was away for the weekend (Back when I had only Selkie). I had dropped her off in the morning to my friend's house... By about 7 that evening I had a frantic phone call... Selkie was in the vets, but she didn't want to worry me... Selkie had 'eaten something'. As Selkie was quite the eater, I wasn't too worried, but then.. she was in the vet... "What sort of thing" I asked.. "Like a phone?" She said ... "She ate your phone? what are you ringing me on?" .. "NO not my phone, but like a phone, like a mobile phone." "Oh... er, did she eat the batteries?".... " No there are batteries and the metally bit is left.." "Metally bit? like the screen? Did she eat the glass?" "Its more rubber than plastic, there is no glass.." "What sort of mobile phone is this (remember this is 10 years ago)"

that's pretty bad too... but I still think the bag of poo is nastier.... but that must have been horribly embarrassing for your friend.... I would have laughed at her for a very long time though
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 01:18 PM
She will never ever hear the last of it I assure you... Selkie is now a very old lady and her back end sometimes trembles when she hasn't put all of her weight on one leg.. You can imagine how I have used that to get at my friend ... You know that leg never was the same after she ate your....
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Ha haaaa - that is hilarious, so funny
indeed!
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Some of these are so funny

Dogs from the past, a fave pair of shoes,one had a thing for chewing my hairbrushes, my GSD was very good at opening cupboards and doors, and raided the fridge, the oven, and cupboards ,no matter how I looked or blocked them, you would catch her watching you , and I swear learning how things opened

Tess had SA in the early days, and could be destructive, and I thought I had put everything out of her reach that she would touch, when I literally popped out for some bread, came back to a chewed and ruined, breast pump,baby bottles,a smashed food blender, and a kitchen cupboard door pulled from the cupboards, and the contents everywhere.

These two nothing major, except Mack used to have a thing for my underwear, and I'd often find knickers and bras with holes nibbled into them, he ate a sock whole, and I had no idea until I was out walking him, and he out it pooped. Meg chewed up a box of Tampons, and also shredded loads of loo rolls when she was a puppy, she was really bad for loo rolls,and when she was about one nicked a joint of beef cooling.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Where do I start? I've had dogs since 1985 so have built up a catalogue of non-food related incidents.

My first dog ate some sandwiches left by a builder. They came out still in the plastic bag like a string of sausages. He also ate a recently cooked fruit cake. One female had 4 ops for blockages. She mainly ate plastic but tumble dryer hose vents were her fave. Another dog ate a lead, had an op to remove it. The he swallowed another one and 10 days later it came back up, albeit a slightly different colour. Another dog pinched a corncob and that came back up almost unrecognisable a good few weeks later.

Last week one of mine did a spot of counter surfing and took an apple/sultana bun, 1 pack of butter and 1 pack of unopened cheese. The next day I was distracted by a phone call when unpacking my shopping and she had a loaf of bread (left 4 slices) and a 750gm packet of frozen oven chips. Last year I took her and another dog to a show. When we got there I asked my friend to grab the other dog & I would get her on opening the back of the car. She had eaten her & the other dogs lead apart from 1". Talk about depraved appetite.

One friends dog ate a pair of leggings (came out as they went in) & another friends dog ate a big candle. We thought we were pulling out a tapeworm but it was the wick! Oh, and someone in the village has a Bull Terrier who swallowed a cocktail stick.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2