View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I would have loved to foster him but theres no way id be allowed. Having to move back in with my parents So they'll be going from a 1 dog household to 3 already.

My dad is really against Border Collies from past experience with nipping. So misunderstood, so unfortunate.

Tbh the person didnt seem to bothered when I gave them all the information. Think theyve got in his mind that hes getting PTS, meanwhile im panicking not wanting another innocent dog pts just because of its misunderstood instinct.

When I get my veterinary practice I will have a rule against putting animals to sleep unless its to end suffering for the animal. (this is in my dreams )
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Magic was left unattended with an 8 year old child. Magic had something in his mouth, the child told him to "leave", and attempted to take the object from the dog's mouth. The child was bitten on the face.

Owners want the dog out, intending to have him pts tomorrow. Can anyone offer him a temorary home?

Central Scotland.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Oh dear I wish I lived closer and had the space, can you not take him on? Or contact a BC rescue?
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Think I may have posted a link about the same dog. someone noted interest.

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...ollie+scotland
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Why is he being put to sleep tomorrow. I thought we had another week or so to try get him a home
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
Why is he being put to sleep tomorrow. I thought we had another week or so to try get him a home
I received an e-mail from one of the trainers who cooperate with each other on classes/workshops/rehoming etc. I called to ask how urgent it was, and was told that the owner intends to have it pts tomorrow.
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Oh dear I wish I lived closer and had the space, can you not take him on? Or contact a BC rescue?
It would be financial suicide, and would be wholly irresponsible of me. Last (and first) time I fostered, he became my third dog.
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
I received an e-mail from one of the trainers who cooperate with each other on classes/workshops/rehoming etc. I called to ask how urgent it was, and was told that the owner intends to have it pts tomorrow.
Oh no

I asked my parents just in case they may have reconsidered and allow the dog a chance, but they say they wouldnt be able to look after him.

Was trying to convince them to take him just till we found a rescue position for him

Really hope someone is able to give him a chance.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Let me see if I can find some Jock mates that can stop this
lovely dog form being PTS
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Spoke to BC rescue

Say they cant take him wont be able to take any dogs in till march. Already have 8 more than they should and had a litter of pups handed in just before xmas.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >