Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies! I went shopping today after college, just to have a look at the wigs but none of them were really any good and the ones that were were way out of my price range! I went to talk to some hairdressers as well to see if they could maybe put in some extensions or a bonded weave but my hair is just too short for anything.

This is what I did instead of getting a wig They're just so cute with their little ears!

Krlyr - I actually went to the Debenhams make up section today and topped up on a few products so I think I'm just gonna try some new make up and wait for the hair to grow!
Yay well done....you will look great hun....and best of luck xxxxxxxxx
Scottie_111
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-01-2011, 10:47 PM
pictures of your hair cut are required then we can tell you if you would be better wearing a wig
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Yay well done....you will look great hun....and best of luck xxxxxxxxx
Thank you very much

Originally Posted by Scottie_111 View Post
pictures of your hair cut are required then we can tell you if you would be better wearing a wig
No chance! I will hold my head high and 'work' the haircut but it is definitely not being documented with pictures
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Concentrate on eyes with the make up. Nice soft brown eye shadow, little bit of liner, lots of mascara and nicely plucked and shaped eyebrows and you will look great.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Concentrate on eyes with the make up. Nice soft brown eye shadow, little bit of liner, lots of mascara and nicely plucked and shaped eyebrows and you will look great.
Thanks for the tips! I'm not really one for make up (far too lazy!) so this really helped
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Decent wigs don't slip...They have non slippy stuff under them and a wee slideable clip to tighten..

WHen Mum lost her hair because of the chemo she started wearing a wig before it started going..and you would never have know it wasn't her hair..it was so like her own..THe kids didn't even notice..Then once she got into the swing of it..you didn't know who was going to be in the house LOL..she's got loads now..and you never know if she's going to be blonde with red bits or blonde with brown bits..we take bets before we go in the house!

And we've all had a go of them..her sister (my aunty) tried the short blonde one on at xmas and it just looked like she had streaks put thru!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Decent wigs don't slip...They have non slippy stuff under them and a wee slideable clip to tighten..

WHen Mum lost her hair because of the chemo she started wearing a wig before it started going..and you would never have know it wasn't her hair..it was so like her own..THe kids didn't even notice..Then once she got into the swing of it..you didn't know who was going to be in the house LOL..she's got loads now..and you never know if she's going to be blonde with red bits or blonde with brown bits..we take bets before we go in the house!

And we've all had a go of them..her sister (my aunty) tried the short blonde one on at xmas and it just looked like she had streaks put thru!
Haha sounds like your mum has fun with the wigs!

Some of them can look so natural, you're right! When I went to look at wigs the other day I went in and didn't even realise that all the staff were wearing them. It's incredible how realistic they can look
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 11:28 PM

Friend of mine did the same thing when she got breast cancer. Except she went for PINK!!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 10:34 AM

Ohh, decent wigs do slip!
Mine was bloody awful, as are a few friends!
I used the £100 NHS voucher, and my Mum paid an extra £150 (so £250 in total)!!

Got a few friends who aren't happy either!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Ohh, decent wigs do slip!
Mine was bloody awful, as are a few friends!
I used the £100 NHS voucher, and my Mum paid an extra £150 (so £250 in total)!!

Got a few friends who aren't happy either!
My Mum just must have the right shaped head then LOL she's got about 6 or so..and only 1 of them slips a wee bit..but it was the cheaper one..
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >