View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm in Bristol so anything would be travel dependant but count me in, I don't drive but have a very generous and lovely mum! Don't know about distance/travel times etc but there's lots of walks in Cheddar/Mendips area. There's definitely someone on here that's near Glastonbury/Street so they'd be able to help...now if I could just remember their name . It will come to me in the middle of the night I can just tell .
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
I'm in Bristol so anything would be travel dependant but count me in, I don't drive but have a very generous and lovely mum! Don't know about distance/travel times etc but there's lots of walks in Cheddar/Mendips area. There's definitely someone on here that's near Glastonbury/Street so they'd be able to help...now if I could just remember their name . It will come to me in the middle of the night I can just tell .
If i came , i could pick you up, say at Gordano or somewhere. I have four spare cages (large van)
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2010, 10:57 PM
I reckon we should aim for first or second weekend in February - that way we should be over the worst of any further cold weather to come and also January is also a long month money wise for most people so at least in February people will have been paid again and travelling expense might be a bit easier?

Was also wondering whether North Devon/North Somerset coast or Exmoor might suit most people?
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks Mish, it's all dependant on where the walk will be on how easy it is that we can get there, will only be Griffin as Chester doesn't travel well, understatement of the year , it's a work in progress but there's no way he'll have got that far in a couple of months unfortunately. Those areas sounds good Esme, it's Merlinsmum that I was thinking off, she's must be in the somerset area as we were talking about a pet shop in Street that she knew well. She would know all the good spots probably!!
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2011, 08:34 AM
I would be interested if it's not too far south - I'm in Worcester!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 09:56 PM
it's Merlinsmum that I was thinking off, she's must be in the somerset area as we were talking about a pet shop in Street that she knew well. She would know all the good spots probably!!
Yes that's me, but I don't know all the good spots except walks immediately local, as I have never had my own transport when living here (now, or 30 yrs ago when I was here before).

If anyone wants then a walk up Glastonbury Tor could be done, though I can't guarantee much off-lead action, but can check with my sister who is a dogwalker in the area and will know safe fields etc.

Stormpants is local too, so she may come along with Stormy
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Sorry to use your name in vain just knew you were in that area!!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry to use your name in vain just knew you were in that area!!
That's fine Jessi! If I had my own transport you could bet I'd be the local area's obsessive dogwalk nutter by now...

Maybe Glastonbury Tor doesn't sound like much but most people have heard of it, and it's easy walking distance from the town and its.... 'unusual' array of shopping opportunities *cough*

Once up the Tor which is a hefty climb, believe me!!! - you can see all the way to Wales on a clear day, and of course Hinkley Point power station. [As my sister once said, the day you can't see it.... is the day you worry.]

Of course, a few miles down the road is Clarks Shopping outlet Village which offers more errr... mainstream shopping.... and of course your favourite pet shop and mine: Grinters; and that fab bakery, Puddy's!
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2011, 10:30 PM
I wish i lived nearer the area, I love dog walking in the west country its absolutely amazing. I visit quite a few times a year especially Cornwall.

Cheddar Gorge is pretty amazing as well for some really out of this world dog walks! The dogs were mesmorised by a mountain goat bless them!

Makes me really want to go back! But I have got a while until i can take any time off work as its just been christmas
boredinstroud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Somerset would be fine for us
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >