View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Just casually say one day 'shall we take a trip down to the rescue, not to get a dog but just to look around?'and I am sure his heart will melt when he sees all the poor dogs waiting for a good home, or is that a bit obvious!!!
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Only thing I would say is to take your time and be very careful that the new dog is a 'good' influence on the puppy.

You want a dog that is pretty secure in itself and with other dogs and people because to some degree insecurities will affect your puppy who is still learning and growing.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 11:22 AM
It is easy to say I can cope with X etc when you are not in that position, having two dogs is VASTLY different from having one.

Also, as a previous poster has said, IME problems occur when not ALL stakeholders share the same view!

I would have thought you have enough on your hands at the mo and quite honestly this is when my breed rescue is inundated by problems when they owners say "my first dog was lovely........." well I am afraid he is yet to hit the problem age!

Wait until this one is at least 18 months and then review would be my advice based on years of listening to "if only I had listened to your advice" comments!
Motley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-12-2010, 03:05 PM
again thanks for all the replies, i wouldnt do anything til mr is happy, thats not how marriage is meant to work.
I am hoping to get to the rescue one day every fortnight to dog walk and clean kennels etc so maybe this will cure my 'broodiness' a little....
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Trust me, helping out at the local rescue does nothing to cure broodiness! It only exposes you more to the wonderful dogs who you just know you could give a great home to!
Motley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-12-2010, 03:25 PM
shhhh! well atleast they willg et some extra walks and homemade biccys lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2