View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Don't think some of them are fully mature until about 40 so it's just a case of wait and they do get better
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 01:24 PM
It's not even a strip joint either - thats the thing, he didnt go with me to the interview and he knows how I feel about them places...

Well he's been told and I've shown him articles about the place it used to be.

I don't think he's been protective or anything - just being silly..

Clo - we do our own things, not as often as I'd rather snuggle by a fire with the dogs than get all dressed up and go out, in fact there's been several times where I've told him to go without me, but it's kinda difficult with my friends to sort out nights out as I'm up Notts most days and weekends, their working/looking after children or their OH's are being stupid and mardy about them going out etc etc and they live in Sheffield so it makes it that bit more difficult I don't want him to change just understand that when I tell him something - I don't make it up...thats the annoying thing

Tinglesnark - your gran gives good advice - of which my nan did the same and I do ignore him unless we're arguing about the dogs - of which he knows he wont win, I know a lot about my dogs and I know exactly what they are like in certain situations.

But we're OK now so no worries...I haven't apologised and I'm still waiting for one off him, but for now - I just want to enjoy Christmas..I'm not going to let him ruin it
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
It's not even a strip joint either - thats the thing, he didnt go with me to the interview and he knows how I feel about them places...

Well he's been told and I've shown him articles about the place it used to be.

I don't think he's been protective or anything - just being silly..

Clo - we do our own things, not as often as I'd rather snuggle by a fire with the dogs than get all dressed up and go out, in fact there's been several times where I've told him to go without me, but it's kinda difficult with my friends to sort out nights out as I'm up Notts most days and weekends, their working/looking after children or their OH's are being stupid and mardy about them going out etc etc and they live in Sheffield so it makes it that bit more difficult I don't want him to change just understand that when I tell him something - I don't make it up...thats the annoying thing

Tinglesnark - your gran gives good advice - of which my nan did the same and I do ignore him unless we're arguing about the dogs - of which he knows he wont win, I know a lot about my dogs and I know exactly what they are like in certain situations.But we're OK now so no worries...I haven't apologised and I'm still waiting for one off him, but for now - I just want to enjoy Christmas..I'm not going to let him ruin it
me and my OHs most common arguements are about the dogs. i get to take over his dog's feeding when i move in.. much better he also knows he wont win when we aregue about the dogs so there is no point trying to start one
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
me and my OHs most common arguements are about the dogs. i get to take over his dog's feeding when i move in.. much better he also knows he wont win when we aregue about the dogs so there is no point trying to start one
Oh he's learning about that - we had an argument about dog food last week - dog food! I just want the best for my dogs and especially Louie as he is my first real dog and I have a real say in what goes off with him with Sadie and Benjie - it's suggestions of what everyone should/could do.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Oh he's learning about that - we had an argument about dog food last week - dog food! I just want the best for my dogs and especially Louie as he is my first real dog and I have a real say in what goes off with him with Sadie and Benjie - it's suggestions of what everyone should/could do.
me and james always argue over dog food!! hes moans that i put too much effort into it... we argue about collars, because he doesnt even have one for mutley!! he does now my arguing paid off!! we argue about vets, grooming everything to do with dogs lol.
oleary
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-12-2010, 03:01 PM
LOL that is so funny.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 03:09 PM
My bf just lets me get on with it! If I ever do *want* his opinion, I'll ask.... But he knows I won't listen to him most of the time; very little training required as he knows when I am not not happy I get "huff-y" and it isn't worth the effort of arguing with a female

Only time we argue is when it comes to my horse and tells me to stop faffing! Or when he tries to find want bedsheet/duvet he wants (He is SO picky!!!) LOL

I can't complain though he spoils me (in a nice way), and helps me out loads when I am not feeling well.
oleary
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tinglesnark View Post
oh goodness me, men! pfft!
my granny has always said, just dont argue back - walk away and keep your dignity.
she is right i find these days that i tend to get my own way by keeping calm and standing firm but not losing my temper...
men are the same as children. figure out the best way to handle a child and then you can apply that to a man...
lol
Well Im a man a real man you know the type and there is how just pleasing a woman in this world. Just no way.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
Well Im a man a real man you know the type and there is how just pleasing a woman in this world. Just no way.
Whats your definition of a real man then? And why is it that men always say 'theres no pleasing a woman', they obviously dont try hard enough and it ends up the woman who has to do all the work....
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
Don't think some of them are fully mature until about 40 so it's just a case of wait and they do get better
mine didn't get better as such - he just got more stuck in his ways haha
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >