Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
hehe thats what im like i love far too many breeds. i think im going to be having a few different breeds living in glorious harmony together either that or bedlam
Yep sounds like my kinda plan We are really looking foward to having our latest new breed when Ludi arrives. Mind you having seen all DD's cresties I can see how we might end up with more than one of them in the future
MXG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Up until we got Ted we had always rescued crossbreeds. We lost our old dog and decided that we would get no more but the house was too empty!! We went for temperament first and did our research. The FCR Society suggested we met some flatcoats before telling us where the puppies were and so we went to see some breeders with their packs. Love at first sight! The rest is history. Wouldn't be without him!!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 04:36 PM
I think it would be awfully boring to only ever have one breed when there are so many great breeds out there.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Well I started out with a welsh collie and a lab-collie x but we sort of got "roped into" going to see this lurcher (Jenny) who nobody wanted as she was so difficult..she'd already had 3 homes and she was only 2!! Of course that was all it took for us to go and see her, but when Danny came out of the kennels with her we took both! Then we were smitten with lurchers...they're so funny!
Then we got a phone call asking us to foster a greyhound (Holly RIP) but of course we failed miserably at fostering and kept her. She was so very lovely that now we're lurcher and greyhound people and always will be. So when we lost her we got.......you guessed it.....another greyhound (Guinness) and he's just beautiful! I adore them and can't see myself with anything else.
I idolise my collie and collie x though.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I think it would be awfully boring to only ever have one breed when there are so many great breeds out there.
That is exactly what I think too As I have said previously variety is the spice of life

Besides not all dogs of the same breed have the same temperament so how do you know what a dog will be like until you have one?

We have had a very very people/dog aggressive goldie (that wonderful family breed) and a very quiet and relaxed BT (but we all know terriers are feisty right ) Mind you our NI was as far removed from the norm it was unreal, he was very quiet, undestructive, fab to recall and you hardly even knew he was here half the time All my dogs, apart from the afore mentioned goldie, have been fabulous around all other animals and children, all been totally reliable to be left alone and all had perfect recall etc and I have had ALOT of different breeds

That is why I would be hard pressed to just choose one breed
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 04:57 PM
I can understand the people who like variety, I do like variety too, but there are some general breed traits you may be more compatible with. I know there are different personalities within the breeds. I still think I'll always have a Greyhound, even if as a partner to another breed...saying that, the way Axel is with Greyhounds compared to other breeds, I think in the future if we get a second dog he'd be happier with another Greyhound.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I can understand the people who like variety, I do like variety too, but there are some general breed traits you may be more compatible with. I know there are different personalities within the breeds. I still think I'll always have a Greyhound, even if as a partner to another breed...saying that, the way Axel is with Greyhounds compared to other breeds, I think in the future if we get a second dog he'd be happier with another Greyhound.
I'm also being leaned towards greys and lurchers also thanks to a few certain people and of course dogs
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I love all breeds and crosses, but have a great fondness for English Cockers(family and friends always had them), before the dog with me now came along had spent many hours looking at rescues (breed and kennels), a beautiful blue roan came up on a breeder website but was asking nearly as much as for a pup. I was unable to go ahead and bit downhearted but then this lovely little rascal came along and have never regretted it. Have always said would have any dog(within capabilities), although drawn to some more than others maybe, could never really say one particular breed(if that makes sense).
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I'm also being leaned towards greys and lurchers also thanks to a few certain people and of course dogs
Nooo idea which dogs you mean...
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 05:46 PM
There are many breeds I would like to own one day so wont confine myself to just one.

I'm sure each breed I own will have a special place in my heart but it would be criminal to just stick with one!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >