View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Same thing happened to me and several neighbours a few years back, we kept callng about 5 mastiff type dogs living on a 13ft by 3ft balcony that never got cleaned. RSPCA eventually came out after about 6 months, said the conditions were fine and left Now I could see these dogs from my bedroom window and the conditions were NOT fine. Mountains of poop, flies, the dogs had no shelter and were in terrible condition. And the smell meant I couldn't have any windows open. On top of that the dogs were having major fights, really tearing into each other. Two actually died this way (or so the owner said) yet STILL the RSPCA said everything was fine.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 05:13 PM
The inspectors are funded by the main charity & not the local branches
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
The inspectors are funded by the main charity & not the local branches
True. However - There are less than 330 RSPCA inspectors in the UK and between them they investigate 100,000 complaints of animal cruelty a year.
Only 330
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2010, 11:20 PM
BAD

Only dealing i've ever had with them when a local stray Akita was handed in to them, we had a home lined up for her when her week was up, a day after we handed her in they PUT HER TO SLEEP claiming she had a poorly eye?! WTF, she had been in a friends garden all afternoon whilst we phoned round - 100% fit and well. They discriminate against breeds. I have heard them doing so many times before with Akitas.
kelpiemad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
BAD

Only dealing i've ever had with them when a local stray Akita was handed in to them, we had a home lined up for her when her week was up, a day after we handed her in they PUT HER TO SLEEP claiming she had a poorly eye?! WTF, she had been in a friends garden all afternoon whilst we phoned round - 100% fit and well. They discriminate against breeds. I have heard them doing so many times before with Akitas.
You could probably add GSD's and rotties and the smiler type of breed that would be on there pts list why oh why don't they contact the breed rescues
AnimalFactor
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2010, 07:40 PM
The RSPCA get the same bad press as dental RCT's, you only ever hear the bad stories.....The "success" stories don't make for exciting headlines!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by AnimalFactor View Post
The RSPCA get the same bad press as dental RCT's, you only ever here the bad stories.....The "success" stories don't make for exciting headlines!
There may be a lot in what you say, but when one has experienced their lack of interest first hand, as I and others have done, then it is hard to praise them.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 07:57 PM
I have no time for the PSPCA at all. Having experienced the conditions in which some of their animals are kept and also had the displeasure of asking for them for help, I cant muster anything positive to say for them.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 12:36 PM
BAD!!

Sorry to say.

I reported a very heavy coated GSD type both last summer and the summer before several times about being tied up in the sun without shelter or water!! The response of the owner 'well if she tips her bucket up it's her own fault'..... RSPCA was rung by me, they went and 'advised' the owner about water and went..... I know for a fact this dog doesn't get fresh water from one day to the next and I can only imagine how she is fairing in this weather being tied to a tree, no shelter and food chucked down not even put in a bowl, but the RSPCA wont revisit!!!!

Also the GSD's I reported several times were visited and left, puppies died and thank god a GSD rescue got involved as all the puppies and maybe the mum would have died!!

This is just a couple of the times I have rang them, there have been other times, will I ring them again.....???
No not my favourite organisation!! Too many fat cats in posh offices!!!!!
xxEmmaxx
New Member!
Female 

23-12-2010, 11:01 AM
I have heard mixed things about the rspca
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »