Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 04:24 PM
What are the blood tests for ?
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Hope Alfie improves soon. Really strange that this behaviour has only just started and especially worrying if he is a bit snappy, especially with small children around. I'm afraid total mystery to me but you seem to be getting excellent advice from other forum members.

Good luck.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Hello, it sounds as if you have done absolutely everything right for your Staffie, and it really is a puzzle when the food is no different, and your vet has checked out all the obvious reasons with no result.

I cannot begin to hazard what physical reason there may be.....but, have you considered stress?

He has changed homes, and although you sound to be the very best owner, he is not yet to know that. The tail biting, spinning round and snapping CAN be signs of stress. If this is the case, and I am not saying that it is, then time patience and perhaps some calming tablets or stress relieving drops may be of help.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Im so sirry to read your news regards Alfie.

Hpe you don't mind me asking, but was his previous home his only home ie they had him from a pup, did they have children etc., what is thier reason for rehoming.

I ask as there is a thing called the 'honeymoon period' where he seems to be ok, then the problems (if any) can come to the fore.
He could be stressed over moving homes, the tail biting could indicate that he is stressed/bored/feeling unsettled.

I would ask what the bloodtests are for, what are they expectng to find etc.,
If he is unsettled maybe such things like kongs etc., when in house.

Hope you find out what the probs are
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2